How many of you......

are under the impression that gay kids come from gay parents???

Asked by older at 8:17 AM on Jul. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • No but alot of people believe that and its so wrong my uncle peter was straight and his wife and my cousin Kevin is Gay. So this has nothing to do with it.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:41 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I used to know some people that thought if a guy was into sports he couldn't be gay lol People are soooooo misinformed.
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 8:23 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Not me
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 8:18 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Not me.
    marilyp

Answer by marilyp at 8:19 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Not I says the fly.
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 8:24 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I am not. I know plenty of gay/lesbian people who have come from completely straight parents.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 8:30 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I learned in psychology that you are more likely to be gay/lesbian if you have a parent who is gay/lesbian. Not because it is learned but because there is a gene, if know one knew, that psychologist and geneticists believe is carried on. Pretty interesting. And I know gay people can come from straight people, My great uncle is gay and his parents were married until they died, they were the most "IN LOVE" people I have ever seen.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 8:27 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Sexual orientation is inherent.  It cannot be taught.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 9:31 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• The reason for the question, I just recently met some people who actually believed this and I was baffled, and wondered how many more are out there with this misinformation.

Comment by older (original poster) at 8:22 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Domonique, the gene usually skips a generation or two, all the gays I know and I know a lot of them come from heterosexual couples.

Comment by older (original poster) at 8:31 AM on Jul. 9, 2010