How different were your pregnancies?

So, my DD is 14 months old, and my DH and I are discussing having another child. My first pregnancy was pretty horrible in the beginning, I had severe morning sickness. I read that if you get bad motion sickness, then you'll prolly get bad morning sickness when pregnant.. Is this always true? I threw up three times a day or more for the first four months... and I'm not sure I want to go through that again. It made me be horribly mean to my DH to be so sick all the time. Is there any medication I can take for this?
Thanks in advance.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:23 AM on Jul. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• my second pregnancy was so much easier than the first. my labor and delivery was too!
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 9:24 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• My 2nd pregnancy was much easier as well and even my 3rd. Labor and delivery gets easier too. The only thing that was a little harder for me was being more tired because I had to chase after my 1st child and couldn't nap whenever I wanted to.
    lil_angel00

Answer by lil_angel00 at 9:27 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• My first was SUPER easy. Never really knew I was pregnant until I felt the baby move. I am now almost 14 weeks pregnant and have had morning sickness and just feel like a giant monster. ; )
    Savymom25

Answer by Savymom25 at 9:28 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• My first 2 were super easy, but this time has been way harder. I have morning sickness and I am exhausted all the time. You just never know!
    jdanielle82

Answer by jdanielle82 at 9:32 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• My pregnancies were as different as my children are different! I've had quite a few now and so far they've al managed to be completely different, the biggest difference I noticed was with the first I got bigger very slowly, where as with all the others I seem to EXPAND at the rate of an airbag...
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 9:33 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• There are medications and different things you can do to lessen morning sickness and nausea. You should talk to your OB when the time comes, because they can help you out with some great tips and possible medications to take.

My first pregnancy I threw up once a day. I was nausious most of the day though. That only lasted for a few weeks. Then with my second pregnancy I threw up more and was nausious a lot more. It wasn't horrible looking back on it, but I hated food by the time I was ready to give birth. The MS and Nausea only lasted a few weeks.

Now I'm pregnant with my third. I'm 9wks pregnant and have only thrown up four times. Only due to an upset stomach or waiting too long to eat. I get nausious off and on, but it's nothing that's not remedied or easily handled. This pregnancy has been pretty easy compared to my other two.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:36 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I went through different pregnancies. If one & even 2 are bad it doesn't mean the next will be. I had a fairly easy 1st pregnancy, 2nd sick as a dog, the 1st I never through up not one time!The 2nd I was like you, 3 or 5 times a day for the 1st 2 to 3 months, it was awful, the Dr.'s kept telling me I was fine, baby was fine, & i lost weight & i was scared for my baby, I do remember & still went on to have 2 more after that. The 3rd was not to bad, the 4th was normal, and labor wasn't a walk in the park either. Some people say that labor is easier the 2nd 3rd time around not for me it wasn't.Good Luck~

Stefono

Answer by Stefono at 9:38 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Completely different!
    Child 1 I was so sick in the 1st 5 months I lost 20lbs then got on an antinausea pill and gained that back plus 87lbs. I could never get full. I felt hungry all the time. My DD also moved around a lot all day every day. So much you could watch my entire stomache shift and see elbows and feet.

My 2nd: think I got nauseated one time but never actually got sick. Only gained 32lbs. Did not have much of an appetite. I was much more active. But he only moved twice that I could actually feel the entire pregnancy.
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 9:38 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• My first was pretty good- didn't really have that much sickness. My second on the other hand was horrible. I was sick for 5 months with constant throwing up. My third was the same as the first and this time I didn't have ANY morning sickness. I have no idea why the second pregnancy was so bad when the others were not.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 9:38 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• my first pregnancy was great, no sickness, pain, i wasnt uncomfortable. im 30 weeks with my second and im still sick sometimes. i trew up 3-6 times daily for the first 5 mos, i am already uncomfortable and experincing lots of pressure and sorness already. i dont know what happened, and their both boys. i just hope labor and delivery are easier!lol yes their is meds you can take when you cant keep anything down, i had to take them for a few months because i coulnt even drink water without trowing up! but i guess eather way 9 mos is nothing when you get your little blessing for a life time!
    mrsaustin271

Answer by mrsaustin271 at 10:15 AM on Jul. 9, 2010