Can one year olds take vitamin supplements? If so what brand, where do you find them, and how often? I feel like my ds is notgetting all his vitamins in now that we switched to table foods :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:39 AM on Jul. 9, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I just get the gummy bear vitamins and my kids pediatrician said to give him one in the morning and one in the afternoon.

ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 9:40 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• There are liquid vitamins for infants/toddlers; call your pediatrician's office and discuss this with someone there before supplementing your child's diet.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 9:40 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• enfamil has Tri-vi-sol or Poly-vi-sol

You can find it at Walgreens
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 9:40 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Our Pediatrician gives us a prescription for my Sons chewable vitamins. If you don't think that your Son can really do the chew ables yet, the Dr. can give you a prescription for liquid vitamins that you give in a dropper. We used the liquid & then switched to the chew ables at around 2 years old. He should have a vitamin.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:43 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• They do have vitamins for infants and toddlers but you should talk to your Dr. Polyvisol or Trivisol are a couple I can think of and I am sure there are more. You can get them at your pharmacy and probably even Wal mart. Most kids will get what they need if you feed them a variety of foods. Make sure you try veggies several times befor egiving up for a while. It can take 4-5 times of trying any new food for a toddler to accept it. Your Dr can explain whether or not your child might need vitamins and why or why not.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:43 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I felt like that too when my daughter came off the formula at 1. She didnt eat very much. I bought her the pediasure drinks...but she didn't like them (of course,lil miss picky,lol).
    They have a stage two formula that you can give that has all the vitamins in it if youre interested.
    Other than that, I would ask your pediatrician what he/she reccomends for a vitamin supplement.
    Good Luck! I know the frustration very well of fearing your baby isnt getting all thier vitamins!
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 10:20 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• At 1, his pedi had me give him 1/2 a gummi vitamin a day. You can use the liquid vitamin stuff too, but I don't know the dosage on that.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 6:48 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Like other said gave him poly vitamin by enfamil, my dr said to gave 1ml a day for 1 yrs old, untill yours kid can chew then switch to gummy, my son hate to take vitamin in a form of liquid when he was 1, he cry everytime I try to gave him, hihihi, but now since I switch to gummy he can wait to have it . Good luck
    hungluvphuong

Answer by hungluvphuong at 10:28 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• My son's pediatrician told me to give my son 1 children's vitamin per day (I decided to do the gummy vitamins but the Flintstones or any other chewable works too), but he didn't make that recommendation until my son was a year and a half old. I definitely recommend speaking with your son's pediatrician because they will have you walk them through a typical meal for your son and let you know whether or not he's getting what he needs from his food. Good luck! :-)
    dancerchica5416

Answer by dancerchica5416 at 3:52 PM on Jul. 12, 2010