Is $280 to much to pay for a car seat?

My son is a really big boy so he is to big for most of the car seats at Walmart. He is only 2 and he is 35 pounds and 36 inches tall so the inexpensive car seats just don't work because his shoulder's are above the top slots on most of them and most only go to 40 pounds. He will het that limit long before he is old enough for a booster seat. I was looking at the Britax Frontier but its $279.99. Do you think that's to much?

jamesmommy512

Asked by jamesmommy512 at 9:56 AM on Jul. 9, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Wow that does seem like alot imo
    starestrada

Answer by starestrada at 9:57 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• No its not too expensive! You cant put a price of the safety of your child. No 2 year old should ever be in a booster seat......Why dont join the car seat saftey group and ask your question there some of the mommas there are car seat techs and have great advice....
    navyjen

Answer by navyjen at 9:58 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I think so
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:58 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I don't think so.. If you have the money, why not? At least your kid will be safe!
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 9:57 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• It wouldn't be if it has amenities like cup holders and if it converted to a booster when you no longer need the top portion but otherwise yes.

ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 9:58 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Not if you take into consideration that he will probably use it for 2 years and during that time it could save his life.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:58 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I think if you found one that is to your satisfactory & safe as can be & to your sons fit & snug & you can afford to pay that amount then go for it.I personally can't afford to spend that much on a car seat but if it was in my budget I would.
    Stefono

Answer by Stefono at 10:02 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• The Britax Frontier converts into a booster seat so in all honesty it will probably be the last seat i'll ever need.
    jamesmommy512

Comment by jamesmommy512 (original poster) at 10:02 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• sounds like you've made your choice. do it, and use it!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:03 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I have the Britax Marathon & that is what I paid. It is a very high quality seat. You can really see the difference in the quality IMO. It is good for a child up to 65 pounds so my DS is 3 and he's 39 lbs & we will be using this for a long time. Go to Amazon.com. They have a sale on all Britax seats and they offer free super saver shipping (don't forget to click that box at checkout). That's who I bought mine from. The Britax Frontier is $237 on Amazon.com right now.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:06 AM on Jul. 9, 2010