MY KID ATE WHAT!?!?

What have your kids eaten or put in their mouths that were not meant to be eaten?

My son when he was just learning to get around somehow got into a shoe box and ate one of those packets that says poison on it..you know that is to keep the shoes fresh...i freaked out and calle poison control...they said it wouldnt hurt him though. i was relieved!

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 10:00 AM on Jul. 9, 2010 in

• My dd accidentally swallowed a tiny little toy...it was a yellow duck that came with a toy bath tub set...it had a tiny magnet in it so I talked to her doctor about it. He reassured me it would be okay. We told her to watch her poop and let us know when she saw it. The next day she came running to me saying..."Mommy I pooped a duck!"
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 8:58 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• My one step son was learning about plants in school . He was 7 years old. They planted seeds to a tomato plant and after they began to grow, sent them home with the kids to be planted at home. My SS apparenlty misunderstood the teacher and ate the plant on the bus on the way home from school, saying that "The teacher said we could eat it". Knowing that some plants can be poisonous, while the fruit on them is edible, I called poison control. I am happy to announce that the tomato plant itself it no poisonous.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 10:03 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Mulch...my youngest used to think it was the best stuff ever
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 10:01 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• My dd (when she was about 10 months) ate a couple of cigarettes. I called poison control and they said as long as she didn't swallow the filter she would be alright.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 10:01 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• my oldest got in the catbox.... yeah totally gross!

other things that have been eaten - the writing part of markers, paper, rubber bands, chalk, crayons, soap, toothpaste, leaves, dirt, sand...
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 10:02 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Coins. Stones. Snails. You name it my eldest got it into her mouth when with DH... I panicked every single time and me and DH had to have some serious talks together...
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 10:03 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• My oldest at cigarette butts when she was one--a lot of em. She puked em up and was fine.
    My youngest eats EVERYTHING! She's a sneaky little thing!
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 10:06 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• about a week ago my 1 YO was in my room helping with laundry and I didn't smell his poop (and he had just pooped 20 min earlier). I turned around to smile at him and he had a sour look on his face. Just then, I smelt the poop as he started to put his hand back down his diaper. I don't know if any poop actually got in his mouth because I didn't find any but his hand was covered in it and he was definately chewing something gross!
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 10:06 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• She was a little over 1 and ate a crayon. First, she brushed her teeth with it, then just bit a little piece off and swallowed. :-) Her poo was purple the next day.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 10:09 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Rocks,Worms & anything that's not bolted down...Mud puddles were here favorite drinking place.
    sillyme85

Answer by sillyme85 at 10:09 AM on Jul. 9, 2010