What is your favorite age/stage of children?

I have to say the age between 9 months and 4 years old is my favorite. They are so comical and innocently sweet and they still love thier mommies without embaressment and give hugs and kisses all the time.Thier curiosity amazes me, I could watch my youngest play for hours.
Of course..I love the other ages and stages too but I find this time to be the most memorable for me.
I miss those days with my 10 year old...sigh.

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 10:16 AM on Jul. 9, 2010 in General Parenting

• I agree with 9mos - 4 years.
    @ 9 mos, their personalities are starting to show, and their independence is forming; I loved being able to see my kids blossom from there. Up until 4 yrs, you watch them grow...they still need you while learning how to need themselves. Its rewarding and fun all on its own. Come 4 or 5 yrs and who they are is really set in stone...this is definitely a good thing, but you've lost them as your 'baby', or @ least that's how I feel lol They hit 4 and they become difficult - you can no longer persuade them, and they don't need you much anymore.
    nappeal

Answer by nappeal at 3:58 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• so far, all of them! i wouldn't trade any age for another, another stage, another lesson, another discovery...they're all awesome!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:17 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• after they are potty trained So 2yrs and up 7 after that it's all mood swings of some sort... then they get fun again at 20 when they move out on their own......Oh the Joys of being a Bank I mean PARENT! Hahahaha
    sillyme85

Answer by sillyme85 at 10:19 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• 18 and above love it lol
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 10:23 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I don't really mind any age but I've yet to properly hit the teenage years so who knows. Personally I like newborns, I just love them being my tiny little babies, then they grow up...
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 10:17 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Every age is unique. I miss the baby stage 0-12 depending soley on you-after that they become more and more independant, but live and learn and enjoy every stage

0-12 months love their learning, experiencing the new world.
    1-3 learning to crawl, walk and talk-funny (so, lovable)
    4-6 learning to read, learning to use their imagination, and funny as can be-they are amazing at embarrasing you, lol..(still lovable).
    7-10 learning to be more independant, doing things the way they should not be done!! funny (my kids still lovable)
    11-14 My oldest, thinks she knows everything yet realizes she doesn't, (still lovable yet a little emabarrassed about being that way)
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 10:50 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I'm just a few months away from the 3 year mark. I've loved it all. There's just so much change, learning, development, and things to be amazed at.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 10:57 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• So far, I like my daughter best at 5 1/2. She's wiping her own poo, feeds herself, can talk to me and carry on a conversation so I'm not talking to myself all day. Plus, she is learning everyday and is just fascinating to watch and see what she's going to come up with next. It's great!
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 10:25 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• tween - teen...

My kids aren't there yet, but I had a teen a few years back & it was wonderful.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:29 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I have enjoyed every stage and age with all of my children. My youngest will be 13 in 10 days and yes, I've even enjoyed puberty and heading into being teenaged. Every age and stage has its up and downs, but I love getting to know my child again with each age and stage.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 11:00 AM on Jul. 9, 2010