How fair is this?

My brother is engaged to a crazy woman ... the family tries very hard to like her but we cannot stand her and prays for the day my brother *wakes up* ( he actually did break up with her once but she pretended to be pregnant until he took her back and then all of a sudden the baby died and she plans on suing the hospital -- even though she cant even tell us what hospital she went to, waht happened to the baby, or any info at all) ... Anyways after that, and the many other things she has done.... my brother talked to me about thier latest "problem"

She forbids my brother to have any contact with other women and freaks out and even tried to get him fired because there are 3 women who work with him ( even though they all are alot older, married and have children) ..So anyways HE cannot have female friends, but SHE CAN have male friends, who she goes to the movies and out to eat with, how fair is that ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:21 AM on Jul. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Not fair at all maybe someday he will "wake up" !
    starestrada

Answer by starestrada at 10:22 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Well since your brother doesn't seem to mind (he is staying with her) then it really doesn't matter if it's fair or not. That's the life he is choosing and if I were in your shoes, I would just tell him that while you will be cordial to her, you choose not to have anything else to do with her.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:23 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Wow! She's nuts!! My brother had a girl like this! He wouldn't kick her ass to the curb..so I did it for him! haha.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 10:23 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Sounds a lot like my SIL. I'll be honest I tried every way I could to talk my brother into realizing how loony she was, But he ended up having to spend 8 months in prison over something she lied about for him to see it for himself. Hopefully your brother comes around before something like that happens.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 10:24 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• it sounds like your brother needs to wake up and smell the dominant idiot he's engaged to! no one should have control over another person in that manner.
    however, if he's ok with it, and apparently he's not or he wouldn't complain to you/family, you'll have to let it go. but since he's mentioned things, maybe time will prove he finds his balls and tells her to take a long hike into the desert of away-from-him.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:24 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Wow! Are you sure you aren't talking about my almost EX-SIL????? Same exact situation. My brother never woke up...he married her eventually (after having 2 kids to her). She was cheating on him for a year b4 he finally believed it. He was never allowed to talk to any other girls...wasn't even allowed to say I love you to me on the phone!!! There was a phase where he wasn't allowed to talk to me either. They are currently in the middle of one of the worst divorces I've ever seen. She is putting the children in the middle of it and psychologically damaging them.

I really hope your brother gets away from her b4 it gets even worse!
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 10:26 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• The double standard woman...
    He should "Forbid" her to have male friends
    He is probably afraid to leave her crazy ass. My husbands x was just like this. She would say she was going to kill herself and stuff if he left. He was afraid she actually would so he stuck it out until she "went to work" one night and didn't come back until 8 months later,,,,,pregnant with someone elses kid...
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 10:29 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• While it might not be 'fair' it is your brother's choice. Trying to tell him that she is evil will most likely result in your not speaking to him either. Just be there for him, he may need your support later.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 10:43 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Not fair. So maybe you should seriously ask him what about her he loves. If you do, maybe he'll start to see things slightly differently.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 3:04 PM on Jul. 9, 2010