what kind of "special treatment" do your kids get from grandparents?

lets just say toys, toys, toys.. he gets to eat junk, junk, junk..he gets to stay up late. my papaw bought a special recliner that is big enough to fit both him and my son..they mail my son a package every other week because he says "the mail man never brings him anything" ..omg, can you say spoiled?

my inlaws..let him eat in bed, again..toys toys toys and junk junk junk..

i wish i was a kid sometimes...i want a special package in the mail =)

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 10:23 AM on Jul. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• We live with my dad and he lets the kids get away with a lot more than I do when he watches them.  He always lets them have a snack and then tells me he didn't know they already had one or weren't supposed to have cookies for a snack or something.  He just doesn't feel like fighting with them so he lets them have it.

When my youngest was little they used to have coffee every morning and she would dip a spoon in and taste his coffee and then drink that watered down remains of his Pepsi...every day.  But other than that he doesn't really do anything.  My mil hasn't seen the kids in 2 1/2 years.  She doesn't have the means to spoil them but my sil lets them get away with anything (only eat chips and pop and stay up late, etc).

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:47 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Oh I know how you feel! The way my parents treat my children is so different from hwo they treated me they say they're just here to spoil them and they've been looking forward to these moments for years when they could spoil the children without the hassle of disciplining them. Silly parents :P.
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 10:25 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• She does not believe kids should just get presents and when they do get them she buy dollar presents. One for both boys but I tell them nanna is cheap they laugh because they know the truth.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:27 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Oh, I wish I was a kid again too! Ki is especially spoiled by my mom since she's Mom's only grandchild. :-)
    My MIL is always buying the girls (Ki and her two cousins) clothes and toys, always matching. They love having the same things.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 10:30 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I know what you mean, SO's dad spoils my son, he is always buying him toy after toy and he buys him gift cards for $150-250 to JcPenny and Babys r us for extra clothes about once every month or 2. I really appreciate what he does for my son, but I had to break down and tell him no more large or ride on toys for a while because we just don't have the space. I know he loves his grandson so much and he loves spending time with him but I can't help but believe he does some of it because they were really poor when SO was growing up and he somehow feels it makes up for it a little bit.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 10:30 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• my son gets nothing from his grandparents cause my parents have passed away and his father's parents don't even see him not cause of us or anything.. they just don't. i mean his father's father hasn't seen him since he was 1 1/2 yrs old and that was at a funeral and his father's mother doesn't even live 5 minutes away and she won't come by and see him either. she says it cause of me but i never did anything to the woman from stopping her to see her grandson.
    shorty13417

Answer by shorty13417 at 10:30 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• my parents make it very hard on me she is a totally different child around my dad.They give her junk food all day and teach her things i ask them not to. I feel your pain I will do things differentley with my next child. My child is so spoiled.
    brittney.h.

Answer by brittney.h. at 10:31 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• he gets to eat junkjunkjunk, scatters toys everywhere AND leaves them, he gets money for breathing (big money!), he doesn't get scolded or punished for anything!
    but i don't mind..my parents are older than my friends parents, and i realize their time is short than normal. i didn't grow up knowing my g-parents, as they all had passed before i turned 2. i'm very grateful and appreciative of anything my ds gets out of knowing and acknowledging his g-parents. i want him to have memories that fill his head, even if it means they 'spoil' him a bit. he only sees them once every other week(we live too far away), so bring it (the spoiling) on mom/dad!
    also, my MIL never calls, come over, spends time with him, or every agrees to babysit on the once a year request...he won't remember her much, and its her choice. at least he has my parents!!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:31 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• My kids get nothing because my mom is the nastiest cheapest woman on this earth.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:25 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• oh..let me say..these are not my parents..this is his great grand parents. My mother and father do nothing
    shay1130

Comment by shay1130 (original poster) at 10:28 AM on Jul. 9, 2010