I fall when I am falling...

In my dreams. If I am falling in my dreams I actually fall or my brain will feel like I am really falling because I am moving and I start grabbing things to prevent it. It wakes me up a lot. I cannot think of any other way to expain it but I know I am falling in my dream before I actually start falling. (Not like I am really falling then start dreaming it)
Neuro issue? I have narcolepsy so I have at least one diagnosed neuro issue. Can this go with narco?

ABusyBee

Asked by ABusyBee at 10:23 AM on Jul. 9, 2010 in Health

• Falling dreams are a theme that is quite common in the world of dreams and has nothing to do with your narcolepsy but since you fall asleep more frequently, you may dream of falling more frequently.

Falling dreams typically occur during the first stage of sleep. Dreams in this stage are often accompanied by muscle spasms of the arms, legs, and the whole body. These sudden contractions, also known as myclonic jerks. Sometimes when we have these falling dreams, we feel our whole body jerk or twitch and we awaken from this jerk. It is thought that this jerking action is part of an arousal mechanism that allows the sleeper to awaken and become quickly alert and responsive to possible threats in the environment.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:31 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• My dad had this a lot after having his brain tumor removed
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 10:29 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I dont have falling dreams, but I'll dream I'm talking to someone and I'll actually be talking out loud - and wake myself up. Or I'll dream that I am walking up stairs and I trip over a step, my "stumbling" wakes me up. Its weird.
    MunchiesMom324

Answer by MunchiesMom324 at 10:34 AM on Jul. 9, 2010