Will they burn Oakland to the ground?

Maybe we should hope so.People stupid enough to destroy their own home place are just pure ignorant.If we are lucky it will spread to SF too!

www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2010/07/08/BAFL1EBKII.DTL&tsp=1#ixzzOt93pVMoF

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on Jul. 9, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• 1. Last I heard violence was isolated and swiftly handled.
    2. The people creating the violence are not from Oakland but opportunist from outside the cityaking advantage of the choas.
    3. What's your beef with Oakland?
    FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 10:34 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• ....and why would you hope it would spread to San Francisco too? Basically every city has bad apples ...there is no reason to hope that an entire city will be burned to the ground. Is there? Or do you have a special reason for your "hopes" ? Hmmm? What is your point here?
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 10:37 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Why post ANON for your hateful drivel?

Why not post about the cop who murdered this boy in COLD BLOOD?

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:38 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• The OP doesn't have to have a beef with Oakland, but rather, the anarchists that feel that burning, looting and destroying OTHER people's property is the most effective way to "express" their outrage!

From the article:

"...one building was spray painted with the words, "Say no to work. Say yes to looting."

"A boutique called Spoiled was spared. It had a sign outside and pictures of Oscar Grant with the words, "Do not destroy. Black owned. Black owned."

""They were throwing rocks at me," Fryzel said. "I was standing right there. I said, 'Oh s-, spare me.' ... They have no idea what they are doing. No clue."

Are there any doubts as to who the anarchists are?! One could say these terroristic acts are rather intimidating, don't you think?!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:39 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Are there any doubts as to who the anarchists are?! One could say these terroristic acts are rather intimidating, don't you think?!

Shooting a kid in the head is pretty terroristic as well

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:41 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• O and PS,

I believe most of the LOOTERS were OUT OF TOWNERS..making trouble

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:42 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Fine...they were anarchists.
    But I still want to know why the OP, the Anonymous, wants San Francisco to also burn. Know what I mean?Or is she too chicken to actually spell it out. Now that a few have the "power" to post anonymously, the meanies are back.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 10:45 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I watch events as they happened yesterday. Thousands of people calmly and peacefully expressed themselves without incident and yet this question focuses on the few, less than 100, who behaved badly. And I repeat these few were not predominately Oakland residents, and the group was multi-racial.
    I am disgusted at this focus on the negative with no recognition of the positive. Personal I am proud of the city of Oakland its residence for their dignity in response to yesterday's verdict.
    FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 10:46 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• drinking

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:48 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• .People stupid enough to destroy their own home place are just pure ignorant.
    agree 100%
    The cop was found guilty he could go to jail for 14-years. (he should of gotten more) I'm glad he will not be in the streets any more.

Shooting the young man was wrong! You only shoot if you are being shoot at!
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:59 AM on Jul. 9, 2010