Were you a mean kid?

I wasn't a total mean kid but there are things I remember doing or saying that I felt bad about as I got older. Like saying hateful things toward my grandmothers for no reason (God only knows why they still loved me,lol). Even though I was very young when I said those things, I still wish I could go back and change the words that came out of my mouth.
I think thats the reason now that I talk to my son so much about the importance of being kind to people. Because words can and do hurt...not only those you are saying them to but they can hurt yourself even more in the long run...especially when so much time has past and its too late to ever say your sorry.
Once, when I was about 9 or 10,my g.grandmother was walking my friend and I to school and we were making fun of my grandma and I remember calling her a bitch and laughing.She never walked with me again.I still feel so badly about that. :( Don't even know why I said that.

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 10:35 AM on Jul. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• I was a bully but ive definately said and done mean things, im sure alot of mean things I dont remember and some I do remember and regret. luckily its not how you start but how you finish the race :)
    Darkdevinity

Answer by Darkdevinity at 7:57 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• nope- I was the picked on kid
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:46 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I did pick on one girl in elementry school. But other than that, I was the kid everybody else picked on, throughout elementary, middle, and high school.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 10:47 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Oh gosh. I was horrible as a child. I said and done some really bad things. I talked to my dad horribly, and I would try my best to make his friends leave, they would call and I would take a message and never tell him. Just mean things.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 10:41 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• No I was not a mean kid. But I was a very bitchy teenager towards my mom, dad, and step mom. My parents got a divorce when I was a teen and did NOT handle it well at all. I have grown out of it and apologized many times over.

I was not mean but very dismissive of a girl in high school who I had been friends with freshman year. I started to get involved in school and she started to go into a shell. She probably could have used a friend. Around the time of our 20 yr h.s. reunion I found her phone number, and called to apologize. She is STILL a miserable person.... still only finds the negative. I did apologize... but I no longer feel guilty for leaving her friendship.... because I can see now that she will simply be an unhappy person no matter what and I had nothing to do with it.
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 10:42 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I wasn't a mean kid but DH was. We have discussed how important it is to make sure we do not accept that behavior from our children.

jdhshamoo

Answer by jdhshamoo at 10:42 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• In general I wasn't mean. I was really nice to adults and other kids. My brother is another story though! I tormented him. I dressed him as a girl when he was small because I wanted a sister not a brother, mom says I stuck a pillow on his face, figuring if he stopped breathing they could take him back and exchange him for a girl (I know, mean and stupid!), I recorded scary sounds and snuck the tape player in his closet to scare him while he slept, I loosened the training wheels on his bike.
    In my defense, he had it coming! Aside from the pillow incident, he provoked me and I took my time coming up with the best revenge.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 10:45 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I was a mean kid. I was hateful with my little brother and sister, and put my parents through a lot. And, I was a fighter. In high school and junior high, if anyone outside of my family made me mad, watch out, cause there I went. My little brother and sister used to watch this cartoon that had a character named Katy Kaboom, and that was my mom's nickname for me!
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 10:46 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I think all little kids can be mean in certain situations. But I never called anyone a bitch--I still have never called anyone a bitch...and I certainly would never call my Grandma or any of my family names. Yikes!!!
    I do remember saying mean things to kids in school if they tried to bully me. And I was a little too sassy to my Mom, but nothing that makes me feel that guilty now that I am a grown up ,a Mom and Grandma.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 10:41 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I was raised around it my mom was nasty and I learned it was too hard to be nasty it just wasn't worth it to me. Being mean as a kid was not on my plate because I was too busy fighting my own family off.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:43 AM on Jul. 9, 2010