I'm having an abortion, for medical reasons, and i'm going through it alone...

My body cannot physically support having another child, the doctors said it is too large of a risk. I go in at 1:30 today...

My SO and I are fighting, I have been begging him to just drop it because I cannot handle the added stress right now but he insists on proving his point. Everytime things calm down, he tries to bring it up again, and I just can't handle it. I've been sleeping on the couch for two days and my DD is out of town with her grandma. I thought my SO should be able to put his frustrations aside, but he is proving he cannot do that and yesterday talked about maybe moving out. I am alone and I don't know how to get through this...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on Jul. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• I'm sorry, hugs.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 10:47 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I'm sorry your going though this alone and I had to have a abortion because of medical reason too and the father of the baby wasn't a around or could care less what was going on with me but thankfully I had the support of friends, family and a support group to help me though that rough time in my life. Just try to hang in there.

LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 10:49 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I'm sorry :(
    is there someone else who can go with you and be there for support? a friend or family member?
    that sucks
    *hug*
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:51 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I'm sorry you're going through this alone but you're not, we're all here for you if you need an ear. I really feel for you honey, it must be so hard on you, just calmly tell your DH that you need him. You shouldn't have to go through this alone. All my love goes out to you and your family in this difficult time. You will be in my prayers.
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 10:52 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• two things come to mind...

1) he has proven who he is and so I say "good riddance" let him leave sounds as if you would be better off with out him.

2) have your tubes tide.  If you physically can not support another pregnancy... why take the chance of getting pregnant and having to do this???

sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 10:52 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest." (Matthew 11:28) It is very similar to the poem "Footprints in the Sand" - it is during the trials that we are carried. God doesn't expect us to go through the trials alone. He wants you to come to Him and have Him carry you. So, don't ever feel like you are alone.

I truly wish you the best, and I will say a prayer for you today!
    Jakesmom623

Answer by Jakesmom623 at 10:52 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• If I lived near you, I would go with you. Sorry momma.

Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:52 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Do you have any close friends or a sister who can go with you? You definitely need as much support as you can get, as this is never an easy thing to go through, and it sounds like your SO isn't giving you that. It might be time to re-evaluate your relationship.
    Have you looked into long term birth control options, since your body can't carry a pregnancy? You might look into an IUD, or Essure (alternative to a tubal ligation).
    I hope you're able to get some much needed support, hun! No one should have to go through this alone, and I'm sorry to hear that you feel so alone in this. You have LOTS of support here!! =) I hope everything goes smoothly for you!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:06 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• You really should find someone to go with you if at all possible. This is considered a medical procedure and there's a lot of emotion attached to it all as well. Sorry to hear you must make this kind of choice.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 11:07 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• If no one is with you please, at least, ask for a nurse to hold your hand. I do all the time. I am so sorry this is happening to you.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 11:13 AM on Jul. 9, 2010