What kind of stuff do you do for a 2 yr old's bday party at a park?

Ok, so I am throwing my dd's bday party at a park in our city. I'm inviting friends and family. My family is big with a lot of children. And my house is just too small. I am pretty broke right now. (Single mom workin min. wage) I wanted to just buy a bunch of hotdog n hamburger stuff, get some fruit and have cake n ice cream. And just let the kids run wild! However, my daughter is 2. Not nearly as independent yet as my 4yo son. Any ideas as to what I could do to make her bday special for her without spending much money, if any at all? I am horrible at this kind of stuff!

angel-face

Asked by angel-face at 10:55 AM on Jul. 9, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Have some games she'll like. At DS's first party we has a small swimming pool with rubber ducks that were marked on the bottom with number for the door prize. Also the ducks were ones I special ordered with 1 on them but you could use regular ones. He didn't get the concept of the game but he loved playing in the pool with all the ducks. We also let each kid keep the duck they picked when the party was over.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 10:59 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Our son is turning two this summer, too. Last year, we went to a park, like you were saying, and it was a hit. There's a sandbox, and the favors we gave were sand toys (super cheap, dollar-store type), and they were a hit with kids of all ages. We had kids there up to about 5 years old. The older kids played on the playground, those of us will little ones pushed kids on the swings and talked, we brought lawn chairs/beach chairs and set some up under a tree in the shade, so many of the adults without kids (in-laws, aunts & uncles, etc) sat and chit chatted there. You could commandeer a barbeque and do hot dogs and burgers like you suggested, or do it at, like, 3PM, when you don't have to supply a meal. Just bring cake and maybe ice cream if you can swing it, and keep it mellow and relaxed. Kids have lots of imagination, and will find ways to amuse themselves. Maybe bring toys along, like balls and frisbees. Have fun!!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:01 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Honestly at the park you really don't need much, they will want to play in the park.
    If you wanted to add some fun,
    Water balloons-fill up a big bucket with them and let them play hot potatoe game.
    If you can buy a pack of water guns. Fill them up before you go to the park get extra.
    kick ball they love it, the little ones with the parents.

Have fun... I know I always do... Join in the fun, kids love that more then ever.

KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 11:02 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• blowing bubblesduck -duck-goose ~ chasing each other~ lay down & look up at the clouds~ maybe fill a big bin or 2 with water and through a bunch of little water toys in them to play with, squishy balls too, you can find allot of one day wonder toys for just this occasion at the dollar store, some 5 in a pack for a dollar or more too.Maybe a package of sunglasses for them too, yup a pack of them for a dollar the little tyke ones , so much to pick out depending on boys or girls or both.Good Luck~

Stefono

Answer by Stefono at 11:08 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• The park and kids are all you need. Plus if you open gifts at the party they can play with some of those as well.
    momoftwo246

Answer by momoftwo246 at 11:19 AM on Jul. 9, 2010