i went to the doctors yesterday. I am 35 weeks and 6 days today!

im trying for a vbac this pregnancy. I had an ultrasound last week and transvaginal ultra. it said i was not dialated or effaced. Yesterday i am a 2-3 and 50% effaced. Does this mean im gonna go into labor soon. With my first i was dialated to a 2 then had him the following week. I'm worried i dont want her to be early like my first was

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on Jul. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Congradulations and good luck! :)
    Don't know if you'll go into labor early..I was dialted to a 3 at 6 months and still went to full term.
    But if you do, thats not too ,too early...just try to take it easy to help keep baby in there as long as you can! :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 11:11 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• There really is no way to tell if you are going to go into labor early or not. The best thing you can do right now is get your butt in bed and prop your feet up as much as possible.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 11:55 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• you go into early labor and you couldnt from what i have seen at your point it could be a couple of days or a few weeks. Take it easy and good luck.
    K3lly94

Answer by K3lly94 at 1:13 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• labor can be hours away or weeks away. you can't tell from how dilated you are, bc some women can be "stuck" at 4 cms for weeks and some women might not be dilated at all and go into labor that night. it's different for every woman AND every pregnancy.
    CONGRATS on the VBAC though!
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 2:07 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• If you really want a VBAC you need to keep everything but your husband's penis out of your vagina. Having ultra sounds and vaginal exams is only going to give you cause to worry and a source of germs. You go into labor when you go into labor and extra tehcnology is only going to give them cause to come after you with a knife again. You should have already done enough research to prepare for your VBAC to know this.
    LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 2:50 PM on Jul. 9, 2010