Do you recycle?

I think if everyone doesn't do their share, the environment we live in will get dirter by the minute. Not just because of oil spills either. There are many ways to keep garbage to a minimum by recycling plastic, alum & metal, paper, magazines, glass, etc. Yes, there are bottle and can machines to get your nickel or whatever you pay as a deposit back for doing so. And so much more.

CafeMochaMom1

Asked by CafeMochaMom1 at 11:20 AM on Jul. 9, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Yes. Each house in our neighborhood has 3 bins, but we had to order 3 more because although they pick up the trash here twice a week, they only pick up recycling every other week. By the time that two weeks has passed, our 6 bins are overflowing and we have several boxes full next to them. I really wish they made it easier for us because I know a lot of my neighbors don't bother with it. I also use canvas bags for everything because I don't want to have those plastic bags to deal with.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:24 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Yes we do. They pick up at the curb but when I lived someplace that did not I collected my recyclables anyway and took it a center. It's just the right thing to do even it takes a little more time.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 11:26 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Yes - we recycle aluminum, paper, cardboard, etc. Our garbage company picks it up. I have canvas grocery bags but always forget them so I get paper so I can recycle those.
    Katt709

Answer by Katt709 at 11:27 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Yes, but I'm living in Germany and everyone here has to recycle.
    jessran1218

Answer by jessran1218 at 11:27 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Yes, I always recycle.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 11:31 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• We recycle and compost. It saves so much from going into the landfills that it is crazy. We have gone to an almost full regular trash can once a week to a 1/2 full regular trash can every other week. Our garbage company doesn't make us sort anymore, and we have cut back on sodas and other canned things and cut out the newspaper. It saves a ton of waste. And the food scraps go into the bin in the garden, which then goes into the garden.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 11:31 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• thanks to whomever for the down-vote!! i was just being honest..i could've lied and said 'yes, all the time!'..you'd never know!
    crazy.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 11:36 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• PROUDLY!

I recycle within my own home. I reuse spray bottles, laundry containers, paper bags, tissue rolls, and so on. I like tosave milk jugs for my gardening, and L water bottles for kid crafts. I also like to use aluminum more than once. I absolutely agree you CafeMochaMom1
    sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 12:44 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Yes, we do. We have curbside pick up, thank goodness.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 1:19 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• No, but I'd like too. We don't have any recycling bins around here.

C_Kight

Answer by C_Kight at 11:23 AM on Jul. 9, 2010