What do you do with dead animal carcasses laying around your yard?

Its illegal to bury them in your yard and I think its even illegal to throw them in the trash can.
So what the heck are we supposed to do with them?
ew.so gross.

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 11:23 AM on Jul. 9, 2010 in Home & Garden

• We just hurl what our cats catch into the wooded, ivy-filled part of our yard, and let nature take care of them.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 2:19 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• call animal control or waste management.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 11:24 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• My dog killed a squirrel once. I put it in the trash. I didn't even think about that being illegal. Oh well.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 12:03 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• yeah animal control...but I'm wondering why you have dead animals in your yard? or is it just one?....
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 11:34 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Eww...why are there dead animals in your yard?
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 11:34 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I don't understand why you can't bury them.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 12:31 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I agree with SWasson....if you have a wooded area just chuck em in there! lol
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 2:54 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Depends on the size. If it's a bird or small rodent, we'll bag it up and throw it in the trash. If it's medium size, like a raccoon or possum, we'll take it down the road to a wooded area and throw it in there. If it's large, like a dog, we'll bury it, but we don't have the restrictions like you do.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 4:22 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• It depends on your area on whether you can bury them or not. Our area, you can bury dead animals. But we actually take cat left overs (what the cat hasn't eaten) and toss them over out back fence which is bordered by bushes and a street.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:38 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• LOL...good question. Well, one reason is the cats around here (including my cat and strays that waunder on over) catch stuff and like to leave us these"gifts". We live off a fast paced country road, animals get struck by a car, hobble to our yard and die. The grossest one was a really fat heavy raccoon, yuck.
    We get a lot of mice,chipmunks,an occassional squirrel or bird...these are presents from the cats.
    kimberlyinberea

Comment by kimberlyinberea (original poster) at 12:12 PM on Jul. 9, 2010