What is your take on Pit-bulls?

It's the only breed of dog that I've ever owned and I don't get the statistics/stereotyping.

C_Kight

Asked by C_Kight at 11:29 AM on Jul. 9, 2010 in Pets

• I have 2 of them and they are both big teddy bears. I absolutely love them. I have personally never met an aggressive pit bull.
    laciD

Answer by laciD at 11:31 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• i think they are ugly..but then i think that about various breeds. that's all i got.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 11:31 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• They are way sweeter than any tiny dog I have ever been around. Every Pit Bull I have met=Sweet. Every little yippy dog I have met=Mean and have been bitten. Not one Pit Bull has so much as growled or snipped at me.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:31 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I love them! I don't think that any breed of dog is inherently bad. I think people breed aggressive dogs. The poor dogs don't know any better because their people are mean mean mean! I 've never met an aggressive pit either.
    Katt709

Answer by Katt709 at 11:32 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I think they are great dogs. All the ones I've ever met are super sweet animals! I dislike that one of my friends keeps her as an indoor only dog, he only goes outside to poop or pee, I just think he needs more room to run and stuff, he's a big dog! doesn't need cooped up in a 2 bedroom apartment all day.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 11:33 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I think there is nothing wrong with pit bulls......it's the person that owns them that makes the dog good or bad.
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 11:34 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I think they are great dogs, some just have bad owners. My niece has 2 and they are the sweetest dogs ever.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 11:34 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• My brother has a pit bull & he is AMAZING with people and my little girls. He plays with them and hasn't ever hurt a soul!
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 11:34 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I grew up with a putbull...I loved that dog. She was the best dog in the world. But I will tell ya..if someone came by that she didnt know that tried to talk to one of us kids man, if she got a hold of them, I know she would have torn them up,lol.
    I love the breed. The owners of the dogs just need to know how to take care of them, and keep them properly locked up in a way they can't attack other people. They do tend to be territorial animals over thier "family". I would not let my children just go up to a pitbull and pet them if it wasnt a dog we knew well..but I don't let them do that with other dogs either..I guess the pits do scare me a little more though.
    I think its so sad how some people use this breed for dog fights and they make them into killers. If raised properly, they truly are wonderful pets.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 11:34 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• We had a little pit bull puppy for a while but where we live they said we couldnt have it bc it is an aggressive breed so we had to give her to someone else. I think as long as the owner raises them right they are fine. Our little Emma was the sweetest dog ever. The funny thing is the other dog we had when we got Emma she is part Pit part Lab and she is more aggressive than Emma was. She has never harmed anyone but if someone walks up to our fence...well no one really gets close to our fence bc she has a mean bark. But she is not mean either just very territorial and lets us know when someone is coming up.
    MybabyKisses

Answer by MybabyKisses at 11:35 AM on Jul. 9, 2010