When did you start potty training your child?

My oldest child I started potty training when he learned to walk (around 1 yrs) he did really good and caught on quick wo many accidents, my youngest is 11 months old and seems very bright and willing to learn new things. He walks pretty well and does alot of things the "books" say he shouldn't be doing just yet. Well, we are considering getting him a potty chair. Ofcourse I know he's not going to learn over night but I am a sahm so I know I'll have enough time to devote to him plus he always seems to mimic everything we do so I figure it may be easy idk. I just don't want to rush him.

cleo2582

Asked by cleo2582 at 11:34 AM on Jul. 9, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• About 2
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 11:35 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Forget books, do it whenever he's ready. You know your child momma! Two of my children were potty trained at 10 months and that was what was perfect for them. If you think he's ready then go for it :D.
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 11:35 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• If he shows interest i say to go for it. dont push just let him kinda get the feel for it. he make take to it early. if hes not interested,then dont worry and wait a bit
    mimi30513

Answer by mimi30513 at 11:36 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• My son was 2.5. He showed all the readiness signs and I had him fully day and night trained in 4 days.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:37 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• 15months with the oldest... We waited until he showed all the signs of readiness & want.
    My youngest is almost 3 and still has little interest, so we aren't pushing until he is ready.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:38 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• You should start potty training when you are completely sick of changing diapers! lol We''ll each child will be willing to learn at a different age. Some take longer than others. My daughter started training at 17 months. However my son was 2-1/2 before I saw real results with the training. You just have to keep at it till they catch on no matter what age you start at.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 11:39 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• My daughter was 2 1/2. She just woke up dry one morning and went pee. She had the potty chair since her first birthday and knew what it was for, but had no interest in it until 2 1/2. But, after that first day, there were no accidents except once when she was sick at 3 and dreamed she was on the toilet. :-)
    She even took her nap that first day in panties and wore them that night. I was very proud of my girl!
    My sister was day trained at somewhere between 1 1/2 and 2, but still has accidents at night sometimes, she's 9 now. My niece is 3 1/2 and has been trained for a while now.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 11:43 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• 25 months
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 11:49 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I've pottied my baby since birth. You can potty children before the modern books say. http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/1608109/Elimination_Communication_Path_to_a_Diaper_Free_Baby
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 12:10 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• my son is 22 mo and we really started when he was about 19-20 mo. we still have accidents and he wears diapers to bed, but he has been very good about telling us when he needs to pee or poop.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 2:17 PM on Jul. 9, 2010