Have you ever bought food somewhere already cooked and tried passing it off as your own?

My mom tried this once with a big family picnic we had a while back. We stopped at KFC on the way to the park and mom put all the chicken in her own dish. :-)
It went well, people telling her it was the best chicken they had, until someone walked past our car and saw the empty KFC buckets in the floor board.
Now, every time she brings something, everyone teases her and asks where she got it this time.

Kiwismommy19

Asked by Kiwismommy19 at 11:38 AM on Jul. 9, 2010 in Food & Drink

• No, but a mom in our Mom's group did this a few months ago. I love this lady, but she can't cook. She managed to mess up INSTANT pudding, and brought burnt blueberry muffins to our Christmas Party, so when she brought these pretty cupcakes to an Easter Egg Hunt, three of us busted up laughing when she asked the kids if they liked her cupcakes.

One of the Moms said "yeah, I love grocery-store cupcakes".

She took them out of the Albertson's package and put them on a platter that she just bought with bar code sticker still attached to the bottom. She knew that she was busted, but she just laughed and talked about how she "made" them.

twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 5:35 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• LOL

nope, never done that
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 11:39 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• lol I know someone who does that with baked goods, like cookies, pies, ect....
    jessran1218

Answer by jessran1218 at 11:41 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• LOL..thats funny. I wish I could make chicken like KFC...I dont think anyone can,lol.
    I did this ONE time..I was 23 and dating a new fellow. It was like our 3rd date and he was coming over for dinner and so were my friend and her boyfriend. Neither I or my girldfriend knew how to make meatballs ( I know, sad lol)
    So we made her boyfriend run to the store and buy a bag of frozen meatballs and I passed them off to the guy I was dating as if I made them myself. My friend and I were giggling about it all night. I know that guy thought we were laughing at him,lol.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 11:41 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I haven't but my sister has, and she got caught!
    She bought some potato salad somwhere and dumped into one of her bowls and talk about how she made it.
    I don;'t like onions so I had asked if there were onions in it and she didn't know! LOL
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 11:42 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Actually no. Most people I've made food for know my cooking. I think they could taste the difference between fastfood and home cooking.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 11:42 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• lol! that's funny- I've never done that since I usually make the food I take places anyway. I'm too cheap to buy it at the prices they want. But I remember being in grade school and mothers bringing in stuff on their own plates, going on about how they had to stay up late to make the baked goods. Then after they left the kid would tell the whole class where their mom bought them :)

ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 11:51 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• funny

i have been asked, did you make that (craft item) and i say yes!
    but i always come clean after a good laugh
    like i could ever knit a sweater!
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 11:41 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• NO I just think that's tacky for people to do...so what you bought it ..it was homemade by someone or something!
    sillyme85

Answer by sillyme85 at 11:48 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I thought about it especially if I didn't have time to cook.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 12:00 PM on Jul. 9, 2010