Not really a question......

We just got home from the grocery store and while there I saw a girl (about 12-13) and a boy the same age giggling and looking at condoms. Then the boy said "Just do it" so the girl reached out and grabbed a box quick. Then you hear "How are we going to hide these from my mom?" So the boys says "Pay for them quick and then I'll put them under my shirt and then into my bag" She then replies "I can't wait till tonight".......

WTF?????? 12 years old????

colethky

Asked by colethky at 11:46 AM on Jul. 9, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Well...since they werent MY kids..I guess I can say at least they were planning on having responsible sex and at least they were planning on paying for them and not stealing them? lol
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 11:50 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• At least they got them, and like PP said, they paid for them. Besides, maybe they were older. Some people just look young. I know I was mistaken for 12 and 13 up until I was 18.
    I say, if they want to have sex, regardless of the age, good for them for being able to talk about it and get some sort of protection even if it isn't 100%.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 11:52 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• not surprised.
    I think it's way too young, but best I can say is that they at least know enough to use condoms and pay for them, not steal them.

it's a tough one. I would have been so tempted to go tell if they were with a adult, but on the same note-
    if you do, then you run the risk of them not having the condoms, and that's worse.

I really don't know what to say on that one. but things can happen very young.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 11:56 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• wow just wow.
    debmom07

Answer by debmom07 at 12:37 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I really think its sad that children have to hide their sexual curiousity from the parents, while I don't condone my kids having sex so young (I'd probably freak out) I'm not stupid to think they may already have or could potentially be thinking about. I ask them fairly consistently about it and their thoughts, and about their friends doing it to keep the conversations active. I've given my 15 yr old condoms, talked about using them, and even joked about how some of the girls he knows he better double up with them - to which he replied they will fall off if you do that - which to me made me realize he knows and he isn't stupid to not protect himself.
    Its really too bad those kids had to hide and don't feel comfortable talking to their parents. I'm not surprised it happened I guess, just sad.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 1:41 PM on Jul. 9, 2010