Judge rules federal ban on same sex marriage unconstitutional. Thoughts?

This is such a big step for the LGTB community and i am so happy for them!!!
Do you agree with the decision?

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/07/08/massachusetts.gay.marriage/index.html?hpt=T2

momofone072506

Asked by momofone072506 at 11:57 AM on Jul. 9, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• To me I don't give a hoot what the feds think on this one, it is against Gods law so it is not right. As all parents do God gave us laws to follow and that was/ is one of them.
    Mysticwriter

Answer by Mysticwriter at 12:00 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Posted for the third time today.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 12:01 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• and the other two posts ...still on the front page
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 12:03 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• really tnmom??? SHOOT! I searched before i posted and nothing came up!!! SORRY!!!!
    momofone072506

Comment by momofone072506 (original poster) at 12:03 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• they aren't on my front page...??????
    momofone072506

Comment by momofone072506 (original poster) at 12:04 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• WOOHOO!

I think it is great. Of course it is unconstitutional. You can't help who you love.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:05 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• "they aren't on my front page...?????? "

Mine either. Don't worry about it honey, people that disagree with find any little thing to complain about to change the subject.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:07 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Yes I agree with it. What about freedom? People should be at liberty to make their own choices. Clearly, we are still being run by ignorance and greed. By the way, I am a Christian. People have twisted Christianity and believing in God and Jesus into this arogant, judgemental thing that it should NOT be. Just because you don't believe in it or agree with it doesn't mean that others do should feel the same way you do. However, that is just me and I believe in freedom of speech and freedom of choice. I have both lesbian and homosexual friends. They deserve the same things that others do!!
    flowermom76

Answer by flowermom76 at 12:08 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I think it is a step in the right direction, but if you actually read the ruling, it is considered unconstitutional because it was a FEDERAL law. The judge felt it infringed on the states' rights to make a determination themselves on what marriage is. A ruling like this makes the states that have laws banning same sex marriage stronger.
    AngelDawn7

Answer by AngelDawn7 at 12:09 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• woops-I noticed a few typos above. My mouse is broken right now!
    flowermom76

Answer by flowermom76 at 12:10 PM on Jul. 9, 2010