An old friend and my brother?!?!

So I grew up with a group of families (our parents were all friends). I've known this girl my whole life. In HS we were besties. We've sort of parted ways over the years, but our parents are still in touch. I saw her last year when I invited her and her family to my wedding. She's married with two kids. We keep in touch here and there over facebook, but not terribly often.

Anyways, my brother is on the back end of a nasty divorce. It ended about 2 years ago but the two of them are still duking it out over menial stuff. It's viscous. in the meantime, my old friend started texting him and wanting to hang out. They never texted before. I don't even know how she got his number. But it makes me sick to think he's screwing around with my friend's marriage. Should I say something to her? To him? Or just let it go? I'm gonna lose a lot of respect for her if this keeps goin the way it is.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:07 PM on Jul. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• As much as you dislike what they are doing, they are both adults. Your brother's judgment may be tainted by his bad divorce. But your friend sought him out. I bet if you were to dig you'd find out this isn't her first affair. I'd talk to him, see if you can't help him see things more clearly!
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 8:42 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I would stay out of it. If she is willing to risk her marriage over your brother than it probably isn't stable anyway. And even if you don't agree they are both adults and have to manage their own affairs.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 12:17 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• That would REALLY bother me too!!! I might say something to him, but she knows better too!!! Why is marriage taken so lightly these days? I just wanna smack some people!!!
    TimandMely4ever

Answer by TimandMely4ever at 12:09 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I would stay out of it. You don't have to agree with it but they are both the ones involved.
    mommybug77

Answer by mommybug77 at 12:10 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• well how do u know for sure? she is an old friend? it could be innocent...
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 12:11 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I would talk to your brother and let him know that being a home wrecker is a very bad thing!!!!!
    My3LittleGirls

Answer by My3LittleGirls at 12:37 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• It would bother me too, but I'd just stay out of it.
    you don't know what her situation is, and if she and your brother are both adults what they do is their own business.

I do feel for you, and wish you strength-
    but I think I would stay out of it.
    at best, I would just mention little things here and there to the brother about her being married in case he doesn't know.
    I assume he does, but that's as far as my involvement would go.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 12:20 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• It would not sit well with me either, but I would butt out! Not your business.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 3:00 PM on Jul. 9, 2010