TMI? I am 35 weeks pregnant and .........

I have been having white to yellow discharge for the past week now and now it starting to get thicker . Is this my mucus plug and does this mean labor is around the corner? Do you think this could go on for weeks. Baby is already head down and I am having a ton of Braxton and menstrual like contractions. Any thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:14 PM on Jul. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Mucus plug is more like ergg white..
    sillyme85

Answer by sillyme85 at 12:16 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• white is generally yeast infection.
    mucus plug looks like a big glob of snot
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 12:17 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• You could be in labor. You need to call your doctor and ask these questions. No one on here is able to answer these questions because even if someone here is an ob/gyn they would know better than to give specific answers because they aren't there, they don't know your medical history or the background of your pregnancy. If someone gave you the wrong answer and something happened ....
    joysings

Answer by joysings at 12:17 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• It's possible that it is your mucus plug however when mine came out it was CLEAR like KY jelly and made it really slick when I wiped trying to get it to go away. The yellowish color may indicate an infection so I'd head to the doc and have them check it just to make sure everything is okay.
    momofkearra

Answer by momofkearra at 12:18 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I think so, but I don't know. I had to be induced with my first way before labor actually started and so I didn't lose my mucus plug and then I had c-sections (scheduled) with my other two. But I have heard of this before and it does seem like that is what it is. But that is just an opinion, not from experience. So hopefully you will get some other answers with fact. Good luck and congratulations soon if you are about to go in labor!
    My3LittleGirls

Answer by My3LittleGirls at 12:18 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• yes it can be your mucus plug. it does not really mean that you are going into labor any time soon (it can be another 3 or 4 weeks). As long as you are not itching and the discharge does not have a odor you should be fine. As a precaution mention it to your dr next week at your appointment. When they do the cervix exam they should be able to tell you if your mucus plug is dislodging. Good Luck and congratulations.
    lsa0919

Answer by lsa0919 at 12:19 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Usually around this time your discharge will get thicker and stringy and almost the consistency of an egg white...That is normal...If its a mucus plus its more solid and its not a huge piece of tissue, you can tell the difference between the mucus plus and discharge for the most part...I dont think you lost the plug..it just sounds like increased discharge...but call your Ob to make sure...
    MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 12:25 PM on Jul. 9, 2010