Do you think sometimes people forget about the actual people helping them and focus too much on God?

A little boy in my playgroup has cancer. So my playgroup organizer put together a benefit for him and worked with chick fil a to do a spirit night. Some one else donated a car to them and someone else donated wood floor since the baby needs the house to be super clean. On the babies facebook page she's always writing thank you god for all the help with bills. And thank you god for this car. What about the people? I'm sure God didn't demand the guy to give them a car...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:29 PM on Jul. 9, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• People who have great faith in God, know these people were put in their path by God, I am sure she is greatful but you shouldn't expect anything in return for a good deed, if it comes from your heart.

Answer by older at 1:52 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• No, God probably didn't appear to that man and tell him to give them a car, but God did work and laid it on that man's heart to give them a car. God is behind every single thing that happens in this world. God laid it on those people's hearts to start the benefit and the help. God was behind it all the time. no, she didn't forget that those people did that and I'm sure she thanked them but God was behind it the whole time!
    My3LittleGirls

Answer by My3LittleGirls at 12:33 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Do people forget sometimes the people who help them-- yes,
    Do people focus too much on God--No

You should do both.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 12:36 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Their belief in God is helping them get through something EXTREMELY difficult. I can not imagine how scary and hard my child having cancer would be for my family and I.
    Don't judge them to harshly, they are muddling through something life changing.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:34 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Hopefully she's expressing at least that much gratitude to the people who actually opened their hearts and wallets to her family. :/
    deadheadjen

Answer by deadheadjen at 12:37 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• well GOD was working in those peoples hearts to help her out with the car & other things, even if they were nonchristians that is possible

I find this notion to be offensive because it implies that no one can do good without God. I find that not only undermines not only the goodwill of the person but also their freewill to state that the only time a person does good is if God makes them.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 2:57 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Well I hope she realizes that it is through the people that God is helping her and her family. That is what it makes me think of when I am so very often blessed with help. I would also hope she is thanking the people whom are helping too.
    debmom07

Answer by debmom07 at 12:34 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• God did work and laid it on that man's heart to give them a car.

And here I thought it was Empathy which is independent of God. *SIGH*

KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 12:48 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• yes they do
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 12:57 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• As a non-Christian, I'd feel somewhat unappreciated if this was the only thanks I got.

I don't expect any thanks for my charity, so I'd let it slide.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 1:29 PM on Jul. 9, 2010