Bachelorette vs bridal shower ? Or jack and jill ?

I got engaged a few weeks ago and my best friend/maid of honor has already been calling me with random wedding questions. She called me today to ask how many people I planned to have at my bridal shower. I said "I have no idea... I don't even know what a bridal shower is!" So she told me what it was and said I could also have a bachelorette party or that my fiance and I could do a Jack and Jill and bachelor/bachelorette party. I always thought you got only one pre-wedding party. So I know what all of the parties are, but I don't think you can have all 3? I always wanted to do a Jack and Jill. If we do the Jack and Jill can I still have a bridal shower? Or bachelorette party ? I have no idea any of this wedding stuff lol.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:32 PM on Jul. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Maybe have the jack and jill and a household shower if you don't already live together. But I don't see anything wrong with having as many parties as you can afford, because you do only plan on getting married once and it should be special. Plus I love stuff like that :)
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 12:34 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• we did a wedding shower jack n jill style
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 12:35 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• You can have as many pre-wedding parties as people are willing to throw for you. Typically you do not throw your own parties. I had 3 showers, 1 bachelorete party, an engagement party, and a jack n jill shower. My sister threw 1 shower, my MIL threw another one, my GMIL threw the other. My sister again threw the bachelorette party. My DH's friends threw the jack n jill. My parents threw the engagement party.
    Katt709

Answer by Katt709 at 12:38 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• You can do what our friends did for their wedding party..

They had a Bridal shower earlier in the day, between 1-4. The guys went out and played some golf and had a few drinks, and the girls sat around having the bridal shower.. after 4 most of the older relatives (that you don't want at a bachellorette/bachellor party, like grandparents/parents, etc).. left leaving those in the wedding party and a few other close friends for the late night jack and jill party.
    It's a one day event that way and it's done and over with.. you are over burdenning yourself with extra plans nor your friends and family (not to mention cheaper).

For ideas for the jack and jill style party, you could do a toy party, or hire a stripper, or just have a BBQ and a few drinks, it's really up to you how you want to enjoy your party.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:50 PM on Jul. 9, 2010