Singled out by...race

For starters, my kids are half "white". I am Hispanic. My son has blond hair and blue eyes. He is the only kid at daycare who is "white". He is being teased and singled out by a group of boys who are not white. I don't know how to go about fixing this situation. What would you do or say?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:40 PM on Jul. 9, 2010 in General Parenting

• talk to the person who runs the place. or their teacher.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 12:42 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• How old is your son and how old are these kids? How "non-white" is your neighborhood? I know racism is possible everywhere and anywhere but, for lack of a better way of putting it, there are enough "white" people in the world that your son shouldn't feel "different". Although, this unique situation can possibly be used to his advantage if dealt with the right way. What do you say to him about it?
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 12:57 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Change day care!

Answer by older at 6:40 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• yeah i would talk to the teacher & i would talk to your son say that everything is going to be ok that you dont have to worry about there just not nice kids
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 6:41 PM on Jul. 9, 2010