Scratching

My son is teething he is 5 months. He sometimes scratches his cheeks and face. This morning he scratched his nose pretty good, it almost started bleeding!

I always cut his nails, but he still manages to scratch himself. Is this normal?? what can I do?? He is too big for mittens! He will just yank them off.

UUUGGGHHHH

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:50 PM on Jul. 9, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Use baby socks over his hands. That is what I did. The baby mitts never stayed on for me.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 12:52 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• It is normal. Just like if they are scratching their head or around their ears, chances are they have an ear ache, fluid in the ears, or something along those lines. My first son always scratched the heck out of his face. My second does his head....and they both do and did it until the were bleeding.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 1:38 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Aw, poor baby... my DD scratches when she's ready for her nap or nigh nigh. I would do that baby socks but, also to help with teething I nurse as much a possible, giver her teething rings, and frozen wash clothes.
    MDT09

Answer by MDT09 at 3:01 PM on Jul. 9, 2010