What's the longest you've gone without sleep?

MTM

Asked by MTM at 12:56 PM on Jul. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Shit! Damn computer jumped again!
    Totally didn't mean to be anon there, in the first answer. :-(
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 12:59 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• 53 1/2 hours. :-)
    I worked 3rd shift and we were moving. I couldn't get off work either night and we had to get our stuff in the new place. I didn't sleep for so long, I ended up falling asleep at work, just standing at the register. Someone woke me up and told me I may want to put the pile of money people were leaving away. :-)
    It was in a factory, I was working in the cafeteria collecting the money. Some very honest people there!
    Anonymous

• 3 days.. I couldn't sleep to worried about my child.
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 1:01 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• 3 days.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:02 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• 3 days. It was in my young teenage years where we thought it'd be funny to stay up all night... for 3 days. Haha.
    If I tried that now, I'd probably take a nap involuntarily. Something about having babies and being a mom makes you go comatose mid day...
    ManicMomma02

Answer by ManicMomma02 at 1:03 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• When my dad was going through all types of surgeries, I was the one who had to take my mom back and forth to the hospital to see him. I remember only getting like 6 hours of sleep a day. It was exhausting, but thankfully now he is much better.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 1:04 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Long story, but I once went about 5 days without sleep. I was 17. It was awful; by them time I got to the end of it, I felt like I was on drugs, I was having hallucinations and hearing things. When I finally crashed into bed, I slept almost 24 hours. I have never done anything like that again.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 1:05 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• About 2 1/2 days.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 1:09 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• 40 hours maybe
    Melissa15

Answer by Melissa15 at 1:11 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I used to stay up for close to 2 days with only 2-3 hours of sleep on my own-but I was young then ;)
    the longest I ever stayed up was about 3 days...it wasn't pretty and it wasn't without help if you know what I mean...
    did that ONCE NEVER again.
    now- being awake for even 20 hours is pushing it!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 1:16 PM on Jul. 9, 2010