=/..Stressss

Ok. so here is the long story short version, the father of my daughter is a reaalll dead beat, never sees her, never pays support, always tells me he does not want her, the only time he sees her is when he wants to look like a good guy, (New girl friends, Family he hasnt seen in awhile..Etc)...So Elizabeth dosent even know who he is. He blew her off for her first birthday, and on Christmas she sat on the steps waiting for him, that kind of stuff. (his name is cody)

Soo, my current boyfriend (wayne) ..we have been dating for about a year, Elizabeth met him when she was 11months old, he stepped up to the plate, Elizabeth started calling him Daddy, ..in my eyes Cody is just the donor and Wayne is her father,

however,
everyone in my family is mad at me for this, telling me she cant be calling him daddy, things like that, its been going on for a year..what do you guys think?

Kbrygier

Asked by Kbrygier at 12:57 PM on Jul. 9, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I called my step dad dad. I knew he wasnt my bio dad but he was the one there, and had been since I was 6 months old. No harm done. I still call him dad.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:04 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• As long as you are sure you want to be with him & you know that if you two don't make it that he will still claim and love your little girl--i see no problem with it.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:05 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I agree w/superrmommyy...if you're not sure though I would come up with another name...my oldest calls her step-dad Jerry Berry ---He's been there since she was 1 (shes 9 now)
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 1:10 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I think your family is probably just worried that your current relationship won't last and your daughter will lose another father. If this relationship isn't 100% I wouldn't have her call him daddy just yet. But if he really is taking the role of Daddy and you think he'll be there for her even if the two of you weren't together than I wouldn't see it as a problem
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 1:25 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Well we did spilt up once, and even when he wasnt talking to me for a few weeks he still picked her up from school, and took her some days, so hes stickin around for ever, even if we dont make it but we are better then ever right now, thanks sooo much guys !!
    Kbrygier

Comment by Kbrygier (original poster) at 2:13 PM on Jul. 9, 2010