Ladies I am attending my first wedding next week. I have no clue what to wear,or what kind of shoes

I might pick up something black with some nice shoes. Any advice will help I don't know if u need this info,but her wedding color are blue and white.

mamaofficer

Asked by mamaofficer at 1:02 PM on Jul. 9, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I would wear a blue or white shirt with maybe khaki capris or pants--with strappy high heeled sandals
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:03 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Nice thank u
    mamaofficer

Comment by mamaofficer (original poster) at 1:06 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Depends on the type of wedding and how close you know the participants. Unless it is really formal any old dress will do with comfortable shoes. Even nice pants and top would do. I went to a beach wedding, wore a red sundress and flats.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 1:06 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Don't wear white...the bride should only wear white IMO (made that mistake once :) ) ...I would go with something simple with nice heels and simple hair and make up...Guess it would depend on the style or theme too, if its supposed to be formal dress it up with a long dress if its casual then a sundress/shorter dress would be great.
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 1:08 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I am with the PP. It really depends on the type of wedding. Usually if it is formal or really casual they will let you know. I would go with either a nice dress, or a nice top, with capris and heels or strappy sandals.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 1:08 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I work with her and believe me I want to looking real nice. She put a lot of time and effort in this. And the way she dresses after work believe me I want to look real nice.
    mamaofficer

Comment by mamaofficer (original poster) at 1:10 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• i would wear something similar to what you would wear to church.....not to dressed up (you dont want to up stage the bride) and not to dressed down. maybe a print collard blouse and a comfy skirt or nice slacks...with matching shoes.
    sweetestkitten

Answer by sweetestkitten at 1:10 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• One way to look drop dead gorgeous is to wear confidence! It makes you glow and makes you look 10lbs lighter.
    MDT09

Answer by MDT09 at 1:17 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I only wear dresses and skirts to weddings but that's just me.

Whatever you do don't do white or jeans! : )
    Sara.Robyson

Answer by Sara.Robyson at 4:45 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• What you said sounds great. Sometimes what you wear will depend on the time, place and type of wedding it is.
    joysings

Answer by joysings at 4:54 PM on Jul. 9, 2010