If you have to go to the hospital for any reason....

Like a doctor appointment,your back hurts and you have to go to urgent care or you have to make a visit to labor and delivery just to make sure your not haveing "real" contractions...who usually sits with you or do you go by yourself?

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 1:10 PM on Jul. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Normally my husband would be with me if he could (if he could get out of work or was home).

But he lives in another state so if I went into labor right now (I'm due next week) I would be on my own.  My dad would have to drop me off then go home to stay with my older kids and I would have the baby on my own because my husband can't get here until Tuesday.

Basically, if my husband can't get there with me I'm on my own for stuff.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 3:14 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• It depends on what its for...when I had to go to the ER a few months back DH came with...a reg drs appt or urgent care for something not so serious I could go by myself... anything L&D related DH came for support and b/c he didnt want to miss anything.
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 1:12 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• My mum came with me, but it turned out I was in proper labour lol, so then my birthing partners came (partner and sister)
    Melissa15

Answer by Melissa15 at 1:13 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• If it is a regular visit (checkup) I prefer to go alone. If it is something like an Ultrasound, my fiance goes too. L&D both times, my fiance and best friend went. :)
    SimplyMadness

Answer by SimplyMadness at 1:14 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• If it's something serious, my husband will come with me, or if he can't my mom will sit with me and keep me company. Something regular like a checkup or something minor, I'm by my lonesome.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 1:15 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• - I have never gone to the hospital unless it was an emergency. So it seems as if you have two different questions here.

If I go to the drs.... I go alone... Im a big girl.

If I go to the hospital.... I have done both. I went with hubby to have a baby, and I went alone to deal with broken bones. Knock on wood I have never had anything worse to deal with.
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 1:17 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• If I had to, I would bring DD. Otherwise, I go alone.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 1:18 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I always went by myself or with my kids. If I had to be hospitalized, my dh would come after work. We both knew that the baby wouldn't have been there for hours. If it was serious, he came right away. I never did have anyone that could go with me. We lived too far from any family and friends. While giving birth to my last ds, the nurses were amazed that we didn't have anyone that our 4 yr. old ds could stay with. The nurses were great. They asked if we wanted ds to be in the LDR Room when I started pushing. Since we didn't want him in there while I was pushing, a couple of the nurses took our ds out to the waiting room & sat with him until the baby was born & I was modest again.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 1:24 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• When my hubby was home for the first 22 weeks, he went to all except the OB registration appointment. He wanted to hear the heartbeat. And of course he went to the ER visit and ultrasound. After he deployed, I went solo to all appointments and urgent care visits. Then after I was sent to the hospital for emergency induction, my best friend met me up there.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 1:35 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• My husband. He will take off work if he has to. If absolutely can not go with me, my mom or dad will.
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 2:28 PM on Jul. 9, 2010