Implantation bleeding.

So, the past couple days I've wiped and there'd be a light smear of brown blood. It never went pink or even a pale red. Always brown.
Yesterday, I took an HPT and it came out negative. I hadn't had any wipes of brown blood for half of that day so I tried it.
Well, I was reading somewhere that you should take an HPT 2-4 days after implantation bleeding but I'm 2-3 days late, BUT my periods have been erratic (just going by previous period.)

Is it likely I'm pregnant? I had implantation bleeding with my first, not my second. Is it true about the implantation bleeding and HPT's? Where I wait 2-4 days?

I'm confused...

ManicMomma02

Asked by ManicMomma02 at 1:12 PM on Jul. 9, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I would say that it's likely your pregnant until you get a positive HPT result so that you don't get your hopes up. Try retesting again tomorrow morning. I have always gotten very early positive results with the First Response nondigital test. Best wishes!
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 1:18 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• It sucks to think that after a few kids we would know instictively that we were pregnant! But sometimes we can be wrong! Wait until about a week after your period is due and test again. Good luck momma.
    Sheridonia

Answer by Sheridonia at 1:45 PM on Jul. 9, 2010