Low pregesterone? HELP??!!

Can anyone tell me if they had low pregesterone and what they did to help? I am a tad nervous! I was told to inject a medication vaginally but does it really work?

egurl85

Asked by egurl85 at 1:15 PM on Jul. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I am taking two 100 mg vaginal suppositories and have since around 4 weeks, I am almost 10 weeks now and have to continue them til 13 weeks. And YES they do work! I have had four miscarriages prior to this pregnancy. My level was low at 11.5 the first time they checked it and not even two weeks later it was normal at 24. You should def use them if that is what your OB told you to do. If your progesterone is low, it can cause you to miscarry.
    MrsWilmot

Answer by MrsWilmot at 4:18 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I was on the Progesterone vaginal inserts for about a week, but they were so irritating that they switched me to Prometrium pills once a day when they confirmed my pregnancy. I went off of that around week 11 or 12, and had a healthy baby at week 36. Good luck!
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:19 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Like the pp I got irritated from the vaginal inserts. as well. i took prometrium and everything is going great! I am now 16 weeks and completely off of the med. You only have to take it for the first twelve weeks.
    A little tip though...Stay away from caffeine for the first twelve weeks. It lowers your progesterone even more! Progesterone is the key hormone that keeps you from miscarrying in early pregnancy. GL mama and don't worry too much. BUt be sure to take it. It is important. BUt it doesn't take long to stabelize the numbers and then you are good so long as you keep taking it :0)
    tiredmomfor2

Answer by tiredmomfor2 at 2:21 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• i had it with all my pregnancies and it was injected into the hip. Progesterone is important in making a pregnancy "stick". Not enough of it can result in miscarriage.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:04 PM on Jul. 9, 2010