Do you (or your dog) like the Pedi Paws nail file/grinder?

My dogs have LONG nails (more specifically my whippet mix) and I don't like using dog nail cutters bc it seems like it hurts and I don't have patience for a nail file so I was thinking of getting the Pedi Paws dog nail file/grinder but am skeptical..

Has anyone used it? Did you like it? Hate it? I'd LOVE to hear opinions!!

ElijahsMom211

Asked by ElijahsMom211 at 1:26 PM on Jul. 9, 2010 in Pets

• I have one, it's useless on my pets. It takes forever to grind their nails. It was faster when I just used the pet nail clippers. They weren't crying with the clippers since it was fast and easy. The pedi paws, it was like torture to them.
    monkeedork

Answer by monkeedork at 1:33 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Yep I agree with PP. I bought one on sale and my dogs HATED it. Between the vibration of the grinder on their paw to the (slight) noise it makes they hated it worse than the clippers. Even introducing it verrrrry slowly (first day letting them sniff it while off, then while I was holding their paw...) they just pulled their paw back and gave me pathetic face. I finally just said screw it and clipped their nails. To me, it's kind of a rip off .
    deadheadjen

Answer by deadheadjen at 2:58 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Nail, not paw. God, that sounded dumb...lol
    deadheadjen

• My vet used something similar on my cats and bird and they HATED it! It really freaked them out.
    mommypip

Answer by mommypip at 3:36 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• My friend has one she let me try on my Boxer, it was about to explode after doing ONE of his nails. They are not powerful enough to do large nails. Maybe small dogs, but certainly not big dogs. A real dremel would work better for a big dog.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 3:57 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• No. It takes forever if you have a medium/large sized dog.
    smokisses

Answer by smokisses at 6:35 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I have a medium and a small dog.. They won't let me NEAR them w/the clippers so I was hoping this would be a good solution... Anyone have any other ideas for clipping a dog's nails??
    ElijahsMom211

Comment by ElijahsMom211 (original poster) at 7:10 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I picked one up at a garage sale very cheap, it did take a bit of time to use but did a decent job on my small 9lb puppy. I would not pay full price for one though. Having a bad experience with clippers I prefer to use the pedi paw thing or take her to the vet for her nails.

mom-2-4boys

Answer by mom-2-4boys at 8:05 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I baaught one around 6 Month ago and neither of my dogs will let me near then with it so if your asking me it was a waste of $10.00.
    tushpush1966

Answer by tushpush1966 at 8:00 PM on Jul. 17, 2010