So soon?

I ran to the store on my lunch hour and saw tons of fall school clothes and school supplies on the shelves. I wanted to cry! It is too early! I love having my kids home with me. Are you seeing the same near you? Are you ready to shop for these things yet? Do you dread them going back?

salexander

Asked by salexander at 1:28 PM on Jul. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I was at babies r us earlier and they had all freaking pants and long sleeve shirts out.  They also had Halloween costumes out.  It's freaking July!

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 3:12 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• She's starting Kindergarten on August 3rd. She's been in school for two years already, but that was the little preschool. This is the real thing. :-(
    I can't believe she's grown so much.
    Yeah, I'm seeing it. We've already started getting stuff since it starts so soon.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 1:31 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• it's typical for them to do this because some people can't go on a spurge school shopping spree, and need to do it a little at a time, so while the sales are typically later in the season, they put things our early because the business is there.

But my DD isn't in school she's only 2 1/2, so maybe next year I will start fretting about her going to school.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:40 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• TY! I mentioned the other day that I needed loose leaf paper and wondered if there would be any back to school sales on it- my husband laughed and said it was too early-
    told him they start earlier and earlier with it anymore!

ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 1:48 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• My kids go back to school in less than a month (Aug 5). It's always a little bittersweet for me--I get tired of them being underfoot all day, every day during the summer, but then I do miss them when they go back to school. I am going to try to do my back to school shopping in the next week or two before it gets completely chaotic with EVERYONE ransacking the shelves!
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 1:50 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• There was a lot of college / dorm stuff out when I went out earlier. I haven't noticed in the clothes yet. It's still bikinis, shorts, and tanks mostly.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 5:02 PM on Jul. 9, 2010