Just came back from the doctors :(

So as some of you know I have been worried about my 11 month old daughter not gaining weight. Well her visit to the doctor proved my worries were right. She has only gained 6 ounces since her may appt! They told me she is already off the baby weight chart. I started bawling at the doctors office and my doctor recommended I take her to a nutritionist and an occupational therapist since she is also not doing some of the things a baby her age should be doing, like holding a sippy cup and trying to stand up. I am sooooooooooooo worried about my baby. Has anyone else ever gone through this? I have been trying so hard every day to help her gain weight but she just has no appetite. The doc did not seemed worried about her development but i am worried about her.

BellaBean23

Asked by BellaBean23 at 1:38 PM on Jul. 9, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Awww, I'm sorry. This must be tough. Just take her to the therapists, and they'll be able to fix the problem. This isn't unheard of, you're not the only one going through this. Try not to worry, and hang in there!
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 1:41 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• At about a year old, my youngest was so small, he dropped off the growth charts, too. The doctor stressed me out and told me to feed him all sorts of butter and cream and all of that. I was so worried but looking back, I am sort of mad at the doctor for freaking us out and making me put him through what he did. My son is 5 now, 43 pounds, and 43 inches tall, perfectly healthy.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:42 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I had a nephew with this problem or one like it. It turned out that he had a lot of allergies. Did you do allergy testing?
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 1:44 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• yes my daughter was born at 8lbs 10oz was good with her weight till about 6mos of age she was onlu 14lbs at 6mos, she is now 24lbs at 2 and they are looking in to testing her for a thyroid problem...

My son was the one with devlopment problems, he wasent doing any of those things till 11 mos, he is 4 now and been confirmed that he had autisum and adhd...
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 1:48 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I am so sorry to hear this! My second child had to go to a rehab center when he was a baby because he wasn't developing like he should have. He was 12lbs at 6 months. I know that it is scary but go see all the drs that you can. My son had to PT & OT even after he got out of the rehab center. But now he is a healthy and 'normal' 4 1/2 year old. If you would like to vent or takl more, please feel free to message me!
    trelmix

Answer by trelmix at 1:49 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• If u need to talk or have questions just pm me momma
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 1:51 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• My daughter had the weight issues but not any delays. She was 10.2lbs when she was born and at 18 months was only about 18lbs. We had to go all the time for weight checks at her pedi. They never did any testing on her, just the weight checks. She finally had a little growth spurt and was 22lbs by her 2yr visit! She will be 5 this year and only weighs 32lbs now and 42inches, but is very healthy and they no longer worry about her!! Good luck, I hope its nothing :)
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 1:58 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Thank you ladies so much. She only weighs 15 lbs and 12 ounces and she is not even 11 months yet (will be on the 19th). She was gaining weight just fine and then just all of a sudden stopped. My doctor didnt do any tests on her, but now that some of you mentioned it, maybe she might have allergies. I am gonna try and calm down and just wait till i get a call from the nutritionist and on monday is her appt at the therapy. I just hope i can make it through this weekend without freaking out again.
    BellaBean23

Comment by BellaBean23 (original poster) at 2:10 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Every child develpos differently so try not to dwell on that too much. As for the weight problem that is a red flag and I would get her help asap. And are you sure theres nothing medically wrong with her that would cause her not to eat? My 12 week old daughter was just hospitalized for 3 days bc she was running fever due to a kidney infection and she wasnt wanting to nurse hardly at all. I would rule everything else out befoe you go to the nutritionist cause it could be corrected if its something else. Best of luck to you.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 2:56 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• could she possibly have celiac disease, where she can't handle gluten? I hope the nutritionist can help you. God bless
    purpleswiper253

Answer by purpleswiper253 at 3:18 PM on Jul. 9, 2010