on daughter

is not that i punish her for what almost happen. i allow her to go out to eat with her boyfriend. i drop them off. i told her that i'll be back in2-3 hours. she took off over to his house. that the reason i grounded her. for the fact that she went somewhere else thats the punishment. ya'll prbably are right that i feel bad because she didn't confined on me but she is soooo young to think of this. i tell her she needs to be emotionally and mentally ready for this.

sandra121319

Asked by sandra121319 at 1:42 PM on Jul. 9, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• This sounds like a journal entry. I am assuming that you posted a question about this earlier?
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:44 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• If your daughter told you she was going to be somewhere and then just left without letting you know where she was then there absolutely should be consequences.
    I would punish my daughter for the same thing.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 1:47 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Sounds to me you have two things going on here, 1 - you are probably hurt that she didn't tell you, 2 - you are disappointed in her actions and 3 - she defied you, and lied to you (we're talking serious issues with honesty and trust)
    I think the punishment fits the crime in this case, does she know her punishment is because of the lying and breaking your trust in her to follow your rules? If she does, I think the next step is building the trust, It is my opinion but I really think she didn't confide in you is because she's scared of your reaction. Grounding her and setting up boundaries to regain trust, secondly is the work you do to help her trust you and know you are there for her, hurt by her actions to not trust she can come to you and working on building the relationship. I don't know if you already do this, I'd suggest having one day a week plan something special you can do together and start talking more GL
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 1:48 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• This one is not yet responsible enough to be dropped off anywhere, and she just proved it to you. If she were my daughter, it would be a very long time before she was given another opportunity to pull a stunt like this.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 1:53 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Does your daughter have a bicycle?

Answer by rkoloms at 9:25 PM on Jul. 9, 2010