Just not thinning for some reason

I've been dialated to a 2 for a week and a half now... i'm 39 weeks.. but I'm not thinning! any tips on how i can help encourage the process along?! I know the baby will come when he's ready, i just wanna prepare and try to encourage :)

Ambreelulu

Asked by Ambreelulu at 3:39 PM on Jun. 28, 2008 in Pregnancy

• HONESTLY SWEETIE WALKING IS ONE OF THE FEW THINGS YOU CAN DO I KNOW THIS MAY SOUND ROUGH BUT I HAD SEVEN BABIES COME WHEN THEY ARE READY NOT WHEN WE WANT THEM TO WE HAVE NO CHOICE I MEAN YOU CAN ALSO YES DRINK PLENTY OF WATER EXERCISE AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE I KNOW THAT IT GOT TO BE HARD TO GET AROUND ANY MORE BUT IT WILL BE OVER SOON ENOUGH AND THAT PRECIOUS BABY WILL MAKE IT ALL WORTH WHILE CONGRADULATIONS AND GOOD LUCK....
    countrygirl161s

Answer by countrygirl161s at 7:46 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• Walk a lot and stay hydrated. Walking will help the baby's head move down further into position.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 3:46 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• Walk, LOTS of water I mean like gallons, and sex. The semen produced by sex can actually soften things up and cause them to thin.
    HeatherTurner

Answer by HeatherTurner at 4:22 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• i just want to say the more you walk the faster your labor will be. my first one came in 5 hours from first contraction to finish and my second one... 30 minutes.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 12:24 AM on Jun. 29, 2008

• I agree with the other ladies and say WALK!!! My first popped out in 4 hours, second was an emergency c-section, and my third popped out in 7 mins. I was stuck at 2 for a while with my last and then I started walking a lot more. For some odd reason someone told me to eat pineapple (like a whole can) and I did and I went into active labor about 2 hours after finishing the thing haha. Good luck and Congratulations!!!
    CariPacheco04

Answer by CariPacheco04 at 3:41 AM on Jun. 29, 2008

• i'm to a 3 and 50% effaced... *sigh* get this demon thing out of me!
    Ambreelulu

Answer by Ambreelulu at 7:14 PM on Jun. 30, 2008