boys second birthday party ideas

My son is turning 2 in just over a month. I am really looking forward to it but I have no idea what to do for the party.
The guest list is all family, mainly adults with 2 other kids (his 4 an d5 year old cousins that we live with).
I am really at a loss for how to make it fun for everybody. Also I am on a VERY tight budget.

Amelora

Asked by Amelora at 2:09 PM on Jul. 9, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• For a theme, is there something he likes in particular? My son loves Wow Wow Wubbzy so that was his 2nd birthday theme. I made the cake, tho it wasn't the best looking thing (I'm not the greatest cake decorator, LOL). If you're going to include a meal, do something simple, like hamburgers or store-bought pizza.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 2:14 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I wouldn't stress about a theme...just get some balloons at the dollar store and they usually have cute paper plates and matching napkins & cups at the dollar general and dollar tree (don't know if you have those two stores nearby) if you really want a theme. Your LO will love being with family and friends and will not remember if you had a theme or not!
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 2:21 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• We did Sponge Bob Square pants. It was just family too. I set the table with a plastic Sponge Bob Tablecloth, Sponge Bob paper plates (over regular dishes & we used them for dessert), Sponge Bob napkins, hats & bubble dispensers for the table and I put paper streamers all over and balloons. We had a 6 foot hero and salads and My Mom & MIL brought some other side dishes like little meatballs & an Antipasto platter with cold cuts & cheeses. Then the Cake! Easy & done!

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:32 PM on Jul. 9, 2010