Am I eligible for FML with EDD Ca?

I am full time employed since Sept.1st.2009 with a small company(total 3 employees).

I got my first newborn last month. My Ob helped me to send out the unemployment form last month after I delivered the baby.

I was sooooo overwhelmed by the baby.Between feeding,pumping,changing,cuddlering,sleeping,eating,I found 6weeks unemployment is not enough for me to recover.

Here is the question: Can I apply FML with EDD Ca? Will I be able to get the FML 6weeks?

My concern is that I havn't working for the company for 12 months and the employer is under 15 employees(I was told by a friend that California EDD might not grant FML to small company)

Thank you very much for your help! I do appericate a lot!

A new mom.

kittyfat

Asked by kittyfat at 2:18 PM on Jul. 9, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Call 1-877-238-4373 or visit www.edd.ca.gov - that is the agency that offers CA Paid Family Leave and they should be able to give you more info.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 2:21 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• If you paid State Disability Insurance, you are eligible. http://www.edd.ca.gov/Disability/FAQs_for_Paid_Family_Leave.htm

Answer by gdiamante at 8:34 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• yes, I paid CA Disability every pay check
    kittyfat

Comment by kittyfat (original poster) at 9:34 PM on Jul. 9, 2010