how do you handle prank phone calls?

when you suspect that it is an ex or enemy? I don't have *69 capability on my home phone and I can't afford to have the number changed right now

munchkinaplenty

Asked by munchkinaplenty at 2:20 PM on Jul. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• we used to have someone calling us constantly, and not saying anything, or laughing. It got old quick. We would take the phone, it was cordless, and put it on the bumper of our car, then blare the car horn. We also called the phone company, and ordered anonymous call rejection, which means a call won't go through if the caller doesn't show their name and number on caller id. Prank/obscene calls are such a hassle.
    purpleswiper253

Answer by purpleswiper253 at 3:04 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I got a call from someone who told me they would come and gut my baby like a fish when she was two months old. Scared the shit out of me. I called the phone company and got an early look at our bill which showed all incoming and outgoing calls and figured out that way who it was. Turns out is was someone my brother owed money to and they thought that by scaring me they would get their money from him. A buddy of my dad's went to his house and told him with his fists that he could do what he wanted to my brother to get his money, but if he brought me or my kid into it again, he'd need someone to identify his body once it was all over.
    Never heard from them again.
    Other than that, I've not had any.
    Just have it traced to them.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 2:28 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I usually screw with them. I told someone I had a dirty diaper fetish once, and another person that I was excited that someone wanted to talk sexy to me, since I hadn't gotten laid since I topped six hundred pounds.

(I'm not six hundred pounds by the way.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 3:17 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• You can call the phone company and they can track it. you just need to know when the call came in.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:21 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• It's been so long since I received a call like this. Just hang up. Never react to it. Eventually they will get bored, but if you start yelling or talking you will make it fun for the caller.
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 2:22 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Well, back when those options weren't available, I used to just play along. I remember getting a call at 2:30 AM from a guy asking what I was wearing. The first thing that popped into my head, was a suit of armor. He laughed so hard at that. It actually turned out to be fun. However, since all this caller ID, call return, etc, came out plus the capability of finding where someone lives so easy, I don't answer my phone unless the call is identified.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 2:23 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• wow, kiwismommy..I bet that was scarey!!!!
    I dont answer or just hang up then block them!
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 2:31 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Some phone companies will waive the cost of changing the number if you tell them that you're being threatened or harassed. We had to do that with my nephews phone number when he was on our plan with AT&T.
    mama2br00ke

Answer by mama2br00ke at 3:08 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• lovinangels-thats freakin awesome! LOL
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 5:20 PM on Jul. 9, 2010