Pregnancy NIGHTMARE

I have been having some scary nightmares lately.

I keep waking up in a sweat and my heart is beating so fast! Almost like I am having a panic attack or anxiety..This nightmare keeps repeating: A dog keeps eating my baby! So scary. I woke up crying the first time I had the scare.
Last night I had a nightmare that my baby was born early.
Is there something wrong with me?

amv1010

Asked by amv1010 at 2:23 PM on Jul. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Nope nothing wrong except normal pregnancy nightmares.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:25 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Hahaha, I'm sorry but its not abnormal. I have this fear of dead bodies and I had zombie nightmares that were so bad, I couldnt go back to sleep until i had an escape route for that exact dream. And i had a nightmare with hannibal Lector in it, and when I woke up I had to pee so bad but i was so scared I made my husband get up and walk me to the bathroom. Just try your hardest to think of happy stuff before bed. I would think of a happy movie and try to play the whole thing in my head from start to finish. You'll fall asleep with that in your head instead.
    momma_shuler

Answer by momma_shuler at 2:31 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• thank you for the reassurance! I thought I was losing my mind. I have never had a repeated dream before.
    amv1010

Comment by amv1010 (original poster) at 2:47 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I had a lot of scary dreams when I was pregnant; I think between the hormones and the stress of a new baby it's pretty common. I also had a crazy dream when I was pregnant with DD (like almost every night) that I was building an aircraft carrier and no one would help me. My ex was an ass, probably explains that one!! :)
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 3:02 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I used to have preg. nightmares that I lost my baby, or I would forget to bring it home for 7 weeks.
    Saya

Answer by Saya at 3:32 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I have really weird dreams in this pregnancy too. I really don't like them...lol
    MrsWilmot

Answer by MrsWilmot at 4:14 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• No, it is completely normal! Is this your first? I didn't have them with my second and third babies but with my first I had them all the time. There were many times that I would have a nightmare that my baby was born way too early and died. Some that I left my baby on top of the car when driving. All sorts of them. Some though I had were funny. One of them she was born through my belly button (obviously I KNOW that that is NOT how babies come out! LOL) and they said she was too small and shoved her back in through my belly button!
    My3LittleGirls

Answer by My3LittleGirls at 4:15 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• No it is normal I am 30 weeks and last night dreamed my water broke early.
    whistlemom3

Answer by whistlemom3 at 10:09 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• It's normal to have crazy dreams when pregnant. The other day I had such an awful nightmare that when I woke up I was shaking and couldn't make myself stop. I've never experienced anything like that in my life. There's nothing wrong with you, it sucks, but it's normal.
    Ashes0813

Answer by Ashes0813 at 8:07 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I had the same thing. One dream, my baby was a tiny peg sized wooden doll (I think) and she was on a tricycle, and I was following behind, and she went right off a wall. I was horrified and when I ran to help, there was a bloody cracked egg and I couldn't stop screaming. LOL a lot more where that came from. Pregnancy dreams are crazy.
    SimplyMadness

Answer by SimplyMadness at 1:19 PM on Jul. 16, 2010