Have you ever had a horrible cab ride?

adakbride

Asked by adakbride at 2:25 PM on Jul. 9, 2010 in Travel

• OMG I was in Tijuana with my friend, got into a cab, (they make you pay in advance based on location) paid, and started to make out way towards the border.

The cab driver slowly came to a stop about 2 miles from where our destination was, and told us the cab broke down. So we got out to walk the rest of the way, and he speeds off!
    SimplyMadness

Answer by SimplyMadness at 2:43 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• yes, happened on our honeymoon...we went to bermuda and shared a cab ride with another couple...I saw the bumper of another car coming towards us and I thought for sure we were going to hit...I was so scared that I hid my face with one hand and held on tightly to something with the other...the cab ride was so bad, that, my husband put his arm around me to help me keep from bumping into the lady sitting next to me...when we got to our hotel..we all looked at each other...I honestly thought we would die before we got to enjoy our honeymoon....
    Safirejewl

Answer by Safirejewl at 2:28 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I have had a couple of "long way" cab drivers that ripped me off, but normally that happens on work trips. When I know where I am going... I give directions to ensure that they are not wasting my money.

The worst cab ride I had though was a guy that didn't have change for my fare. He started SCREAMING at me in my drive way that if I didn't have exact change he was going to have to go break the bill... NOT MY PROBLEM and I was screaming back at him that for the $13 fair he could break my $20 or take $10... as I also did not have change and it is not part of my job to carry change. Instead he yelled at me until the neighbor came out to see what was wrong (and fortunately could break a $20). No tip for that guy, of course.

It was scary bc he knew where I lived so I was worried for about a week after that something was going to happen.
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 2:41 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• YES! I was about 16, we were in Chicago with our french student. my mom was next to me and was complaining that something in the back of the car kept dragging.
    I was sitting right where it was dragging!
    very interesting!
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 2:29 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• YES!! I had one that was perverted!!!! He was like "oh I want to see you dance for me" and all this other weird crap..... I was scared he was gonna try and rape me or something!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 2:29 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• As a matter of fact I have. The cab driver really "took me for a ride" and since the cab went through side streets I wasn't familiar with. But, that was just one experience. When I was pregnant and needed to take a cab ride because I couldn't walk anymore, I kindly asked the cab driver if he could plese turn up the airconditioning in the cab and the guy was very nice in doing so. I tipped him a little more for being so understanding.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 2:29 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• OMG I forgot about the horrible Tijuana cab rides when I asked this question! Same thing happened to me and some friends years ago. The cab driver dropped us off in the middle of nowhere and we were scared because we thought we were going to get jumped. But didn't luckily. Another time I was in a group and we were crossing the street and a cab hit one of my friends and he (my friend) ended up in jail for "hitting the cab" so we had to go to the jail and bail him out.
    adakbride

Comment by adakbride (original poster) at 2:54 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Many times, in various countries.
    joysings

Answer by joysings at 5:15 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• remind me NOT to vist Tijuana....
    Safirejewl

Answer by Safirejewl at 5:21 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Yes! In Paris. The taxi driver was going the wrong way; we jumped out at a red light.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:32 AM on Jul. 10, 2010