Has anyone here had preeclampsia?

And if so, what was your outcome? I have it and would like to know what kind of positive outcome there could be.

PANZONSMOM

Asked by PANZONSMOM at 2:27 PM on Jul. 9, 2010 in Health

• I had it with my third child (also gestational diabetes). They induced her two weeks early because my protein count was up. I had to be on a magnesium sulfate drip for 24 hours after having her and they would not let me be alone with her for that time (that was the hardest part). Everything turned out fine and she was perfectly healthy!
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 2:29 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I had it. My son was a month early, but perfectly healthy!
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 2:31 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I had gestational diabetes with my first, then again along with preeclampsia.
    I also have very complicated pregnancies.. heh, I have an incompetent cervix. When my water broke with my second - she was 32 weeks. My BP went through the roof, and they were trying to prevent labor because of the high BP due to preeclampsia. In the end, she came anyways with my BP high. Everything was perfectly fine.
    Despite being 32 weeks, she was VERY VERY healthy from the get-go and still is. I was fine as well.
    No worries and best of luck to you~!
    ManicMomma02

Answer by ManicMomma02 at 2:33 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I had it with my son, He was born 2 months early. Like colethky I was on the magnesium drip for 24hours. I had a c-section they only let me see him for a few sec and give him a kiss then they rushed him to nicu. I didnt get to see him til the next day. But he is a healthy happy toddler now :)
    DilsMommy

Answer by DilsMommy at 2:34 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I developed it suddenly at 33 weeks, where my bp was in the 180s/120s. The doctor put me in an ambulance and I went straight to labor & delivery. I was put on mag sulfate first, and the bp meds caused fetal distress. They decided to induce, and the inducement drugs also caused distress, so I had my daughter about 14 hours after diagnosis by c-section.

Preeclampsia can cause low birth weight due to the constriction on the placenta, so Tess was born weighing only 2 lbs 15 oz. Her lungs were strong (also from distress), so she just had an oxygen tube and feeding tube for the first 2 weeks. She spent 28 days in the NICU without any major issues.

One really hard thing for me was I saw her all of 3 secs being whelled out of the OR, and then I had to wait 36 hours to see her because they didn't want me getting out of bed. I spent 4 nights in the hospital when my bp went back to normal.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 2:37 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I suddenly gained 11 lbs unexpectedly in my 6 month and my bp was 157/125 my doc put my on meds for the bp for the next two months. I had ultrasounds every week and non-stress tests. My kidneys started to shut down and I was dying slowly. At 37 weeks 5 days we induced and Joey was born not breathing, he was 5 9oz and had severe jaundice. I had a pretty easy no drug (only b/c he came to fast to get some) labor. I had the mag. and needed bp meds for another month. Joey has had a pretty rough 10 months due to all of it. All I can say is .....drink water. more water and more water. and secondly get off your feet eat low sodium and relax!!!!!! I mean that seriously, like i had to quit work at 6 months and was on bed rest till I gave birth and thats probably the only reason Joey and i are alive!! Good luck to you! And remember EVERYONE has a different experience.

allisonc242

Answer by allisonc242 at 2:54 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• My outcome was first being admitted to the hospital while my blood pressure went down. Then the doctors let me go two weeks after my due date. I ended up being induced because the blood pressure was real high, my placenta was full of calcifications, and my fluid dropped. Also, I was put on mag sulfate for 2 days, ended up with endomyometritis and a wound infection that had to be reopened. The worst part was not being able to see her until the mag was stopped. Plus the mag made me feel like crap for several days. It was a bad experience, but could have been worse. My biggest gripe was that they admitted me at 37 weeks, but did not just induce. Instead I went over my due date and had a lot of complications.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 3:39 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I had it with my 3rd. I was induced 3 weeks early. He was still 7lbs 10oz....completely healthy.
    mpeada

Answer by mpeada at 3:53 PM on Jul. 9, 2010