Rash under breasts

My sons Grandma who is a senior citizen does like many seniors do and doesn't wear a bra. But now she has an awful rash. Any advice or ideas on how to clear this up?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:29 PM on Jul. 9, 2010 in Health

• Actually, quite a few doctors tell women not to wear bras if you have a rash, mine has. I would recommend some type of Talc to help absorb the moisture and help with a bit of protection. She could wear a cotton camisole to help also. Does she just sweat or is she overheated because of the temperature/weather? There is a clear gel medication that a doctor can prescribe to help to heal up the rash.
    joysings

Answer by joysings at 3:07 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• My grandmother gets this sometimes. She just puts baby powder under hers each morning and sometimes through the day when she's not wearing a bra.
    I wear a bra all the time except while sleeping and still get a rash sometimes. I hate my boobs! I use the baby powder too.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 2:33 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Diaper rash cream. I get all sweaty and sometimes develop a rash under mine. It is kinda like a yeast infection. Put regular Balmex on it.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:30 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I can't wear the powder, it makes mine worse and so does cornstarch and talc.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:34 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• my first thought...corn starch...it's natural and chemical free...wish she would wear just a light weight bra to hold them up off herself.
    Leezah

Answer by Leezah at 2:57 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Sometimes this can be a fungus. Also, it could be from Diabetes. I would have it looked at before I recommend anything.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 2:40 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Most elderly women with this issue actually have a yeast infection, they often use nystatin powder for that, when I was doing my clinicals in the nursing home many many of the women were prescribed it for those areas as well as other skin fold areas. Maybe check with a doc because if it is yeast regular powder or desitin type ointments won't work for it.
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 2:43 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I had a problem with that, and now am sure to dry under there after a shower, swimming, or sweating. Baby powder would probably help keep the area dry as well.
    purpleswiper253

Answer by purpleswiper253 at 2:59 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Holy cow....is she obese? I am a 68 year old Grandma and always wear a bra....36B...and never get a rash. SHe should wear a COTTON bra and bathe,then use powder everyday. The idea of a rash ....ewwwww. Good luck with that....
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 3:04 PM on Jul. 22, 2010