if your male friend got served with a protective order at your house from his family would u let him stay with u anyway?

the protective order protects his wife & kids from him.

mrsary

Asked by mrsary at 2:34 PM on Jul. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• Not a chance. I had my ex served with an Order of Protection, he was dating a girl at the time, who decided to stay. Less than a month later, she had a broken jaw and 20 something stitches in her face. No matter what he tells you, they do not just hand those out for no reason. Kick him to the curb before you become his next victim!
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 2:36 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• It depends on WHY!! If he was abusing his wife and kids, NO! If there is a lesser reason for it, maybe. You have to decide, based on the facts, if this person poses any sort of threat to your or your children.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 2:37 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• ok...his wife and kids got an order of protection...I have to say they are NOT as easy to get as you might think. I cant just walk into a police station and get one, based on no evidence. So that means something, and sometime, to someone, had to have actually happened. or there would not be an order.
    You are the only one who can answer this about your "friend"...and the fact you had to ask???? mama, please go with your gut...please.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 2:38 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• mommy11260....completely agree "they dont just hand those out"....(high 5 mama)
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 2:41 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• lol superrmommy its ok, still love ya lol. seriously no worries :) I dont care about the votes :)
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 2:42 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• livn4hen-I did not say "had" to ask like a gun to her head but yeah she did have to...if there were NO doubt, she just would blow it off ...
    "if he were a good guy..." yeahhhhh cuz abusers or people in general never lie....lol...so again OP go with the gut, especially if you have kids.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 2:44 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• The ONLY reason a man will get a protective order from their kids is if there was abuse on his end. Why else? Call the police department to see why it is there. It's public record
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 2:47 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• It really depends on what it's for and what's going on at the time.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 2:36 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Yea, I think that it depends.
    trelmix

Answer by trelmix at 2:37 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• My ex SIL lets her new flame live with her and the kids even though he has a pfa against him for beating his ex wife. I do not agree with this and if I were my brother I would not want my kids there.
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 2:38 PM on Jul. 9, 2010