Are you a stay at home mom and if so do you ever plan on returning to work outside the home?

I started working a few months before I turned 18 and worked till I was a little over 20. I stopped working when I was 5 months pregnant so I could just be lazy basically and lounge around lol untill baby got here. I love being a stay at home mom and plan on homeschooling both my children and I doubt I will ever return to work outside the home. I hope to keep myself busy in the future by taking care of our grandchildren and then would love to just spend time with hubby after he retires. This is what I plan on doing but life is full of suprizes :)

LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Asked by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 2:38 PM on Jul. 9, 2010 in General Parenting

• I plan on going back part time when my kids get to middle school
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 2:40 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I'm a stay at home mom. Only for about a year now. I lost my job last August and couldn't find another. Then, Ki had her surgeries in March and I had to stay home with her for the 6 months after. She's starting school next month and I'll be looking for something during the day while she's at school. I want to still be able to be home when she gets home, so it'll only be part time, but I need to get out of the house and around other adults and the money wouldn't hurt either. :-)
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 2:40 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I have been a stay at home mom ever since my first daughter was born, 32 years ago, I am in my 60's and I have no plans to ever working again outside, unless I need money.

Answer by older at 2:41 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I quit my job when I was 22, right before I got pregnant with my oldest. That was 9 years ago. Once the kids are both in school, I may ride along with my husband every now and again, but I doubt I will ever have a "real" job again.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:41 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I want to find something part time once my son is in school full time, maybe just subbing in our city school system. I don't want to work more than a few days a week but there's no need for me to be home full time and a bit of extra cash would be nice.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 2:45 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I've been a SAHM for 4 years now. I have three children that are preschool aged. I LOVE working, so its been hard. I need a break sometimes! A change of scenery, some new ppl to talk to... it's kinda nice getting out of the house and away from Yo Gabba Gabba for a while!

I have an interview for a job as a school photographer... doing homecomings, proms, yearbook photos, etc. It's only during the school year. I'm excited about it to be honest. When my kids go to school, I want to have my degree finished so I can work while they're in school. I'm just a few classes away from finishing that.

Everyone's different I guess. I enjoy working, so I can't watt to get back! But staying at home with the kids is rewarding too.
    livn4hevn

Answer by livn4hevn at 2:46 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I'll go back when my kids are in school. I'm going to school to be an RN, so I'm hoping to pick up a 3rd shift job, so I can be up with the kids to get them ready in the morning for school, i'll sleep while they're at school, be up to pick them up from school and be able to spend time with them, make dinner etc. Then when they go down, i'll go down as well for a pick me up nap before I have to go back to work at night.
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 2:48 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I worked from 14 to 37; both of my older children went to daycare and excelled. I had a really nice career going in sales. With the baby, (now 2.5), I was forced to quit mid way through my pregnancy due to complications. He was a preemie, so we decided I would stay home the first year.

Long story short, I enjoy staying at home. I probably will for a few more years, then do some consulting work. We don't really have a firm plan yet, things are pretty great right now.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 2:51 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I've been a sahm since my daughter was born 7 years ago. I have no intentions of returning to work.
    Bezu

Answer by Bezu at 2:51 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I'm thinking about joining the police force once my children are all out of the house.
    Azure

Answer by Azure at 2:57 PM on Jul. 9, 2010