what can you do for a heat rash

my son has a heat rash on his back...anything I can do for it

Trice2529

Asked by Trice2529 at 2:39 PM on Jul. 9, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Not too much. Keep him cool, not in any tight clothes. I would just let him go without a shirt. Besides that, not much.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 2:41 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/38784/baby_heat_rash.html?cat=5

Cool, not cold, baths. Air dry. Loose clothes. Hydrocortisone cream or calamine lotion. :)

doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 2:49 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Take his shirt off and you can put some neosporin on it. Its itchy but that should clear it rightup!
    stickyfingers

Answer by stickyfingers at 2:50 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• You can use Gold Bond Talc or something like that, just not a lot. It can be harmful to inhale talc. Are you positive it is a heat rash? It seems to be in a bit of a strange place.
    joysings

Answer by joysings at 3:03 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I used to get heat rash on my back all the time(and my arms, and the backs of my knees, and just about anywhere else some years lol). If you sleep on your back (like most babies are supposed to now) the sweat builds up there and irritates the skin, causing the "heat rash". Cool baths, keeping him dry and cool, loose breathable clothing, and my mom always used cornstarch on my heat rash- it kept my skin dry for hours, and felt really good if I already had a heat rash.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 3:53 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I used to put diaper rash cream on my DS's heat rash, worked like a charm!
    Mammoo

Answer by Mammoo at 10:54 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Thanks I do keep him naked but i give him warm baths...I stoped putting lotion on him...guess it'll just go away on its own
    Trice2529

Comment by Trice2529 (original poster) at 12:01 AM on Jul. 10, 2010