Still have feelings for someone else...

I feel like I can't move on because I still have feelings for my best friend. We got really close around november but things just didn't work out. I feel like he has feelings for me too still but somethings holding him back. I can't force him to want the same thing and I'm not going to wait around so I'm just trying to get out there and meet new people but I think that my old feelings are getting in the way. I'm not sure what to do to put them past me.

yezay

Asked by yezay at 2:44 PM on Jul. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• you need to think about it throughly and go out meet new people try to keep your mind off things by keeping your day occupied .
    mommyof2chasmin

Answer by mommyof2chasmin at 2:52 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• sometimes you never get over that one. I wouldn't wait around for him, but that doesn't mean you have to force yourself to go out and date. there's nothing wrong with being single!
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 2:55 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Being single is fine but i still want to meet new guys and get out there. I don't need to be in a relationship i just want to meet new people to try to get over it.
    yezay

Comment by yezay (original poster) at 2:57 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Circulate, circulate, circulate.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 2:59 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• yes...but it's a twinge that comes and goes...so i don't really count it all that serious
    Leezah

Answer by Leezah at 3:01 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Did you let him know how you feel about him? Usually that will get in the way, cause in your mind you'll never know and it's the only way you'll find out.
    But yes, don't let it hold you down from going out and meeting other guys and having a good time.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 3:02 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• If you don't get closure, sometimes you will always have the 'twinge' I put my twinge down as "what might have been'

You are doing the right thing by moving on and getting out there and meeting new people. You still might get that feeling once in a blue moon, but just mark it down as "what might have been'
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 3:04 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Yea, he knows and we both value our friendship and he has a lot going on so even though we hooked up a couple times over the winter that was it. We're working on being friends but that feeling is still there.
    yezay

Comment by yezay (original poster) at 3:05 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Every time he comes to mind, redirect your thoughts to something or someone else. Our feelings follow our thoughts, so by allowing yourself to continue to think about him, you are actually encouraging yourself to hold to the feelings. The mind is a wonderful thing, and you really can't think about 2 things or 2 people at the same time. So have some alternate subjects to think about--like what you will have for dinner, if nothing else.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 3:21 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• But what do i do about the fact that we're still friends. We text eachother and hang out. I get that feeling when he texts me. We've taken so much time to get back to where we were and it's only natural that the feelings came back. I don't want to cut him out again because that was just as hard.
    yezay

Comment by yezay (original poster) at 3:29 PM on Jul. 9, 2010