Fish?

Both of my sons, 10 and 3, want a fish (or a couple). Our dog passed away earlier this year, so I am thinking it is time to introduce a new pet. Any suggestions on the fish?

sokkamum

Asked by sokkamum at 3:08 PM on Jul. 9, 2010 in Pets

• My 7-year-old has a betta; it's pretty easy. You can only have one male per bowl, though.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 3:40 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• beta's are pretty and easy to take care of. tetras too. and of course gold fish.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 3:14 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• goldfish! easy to take care of and cheap to replace if you need to!
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 3:10 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I would start out with maybe a 5 or 10 gal and go with small fish for a start, like neon tetras, guppies, mollies.
    Or if you want to stay simple, a vase or fish bowl with a Beta fish is nice.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 3:12 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I have 8 aquariums. I would suggest you start with a tank 20-30 gallons and fill it with zebra danios, platies and cherry barbs.
    jamesmommy512

Answer by jamesmommy512 at 3:35 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Are you wanting to do a fresh water or salt water aquarium? We have a big 50 gallon saltwater and we have some puffer fish that are easy peasy to take care of. Their food though is interesting. We feed them pieces of shrimp and snails (to trim their teeth). we never were good at fresh water aquariums. Couldn't keep goldfish alive more than a week. We are MUCH better at saltwater. But saltwater is a lot more expensive sometimes. If you have any other questions about saltwater you are more than welcome to message me. But unfortunately freshwater, I'm no good at! LOL
    My3LittleGirls

Answer by My3LittleGirls at 4:04 PM on Jul. 9, 2010